Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WiP Wednesday #42

Thank you all for your well wishes last week on my munchkin's first day of school. After a full week of school, I am proud to say that he is absolutely in love with school.  And I am, too!  This morning, I'm planning a nice solo grocery shopping trip while he's at school...though it's kind of sad that going to the grocery store on my own is exciting...so here's how my projects are coming along...

Finished:
Nada :(

Going...and going...and going...
The Guy Quilt - Ta da!  A finished quilt top!  Yippee!!  Thank goodness the sun came out for a little while yesterday so I could get a good photo of this one.  I showed it to the munchkin and he fully approves.  We spent at least 30 minutes looking at all of the charms on this one, and he got more and more excited with the more characters he found.  He's picked out the backing fabric, now all I need to do is order it and find some binding!


The Guy Quilt - finished top!

Warm/Cool Quilt - My husband helped me baste this 90" square before he left for a business trip, but I haven't been able to tear myself away from my Weekender bag and the Guy Quilt to actually start quilting.  I'm hoping I might find some time to start it over the long holiday weekend...

warm/cool - all basted and ready to quilt!

FWQAL - Four more blocks done, bringing me to a nice round total of 30 so far.  Just 81 more to go!

FW Blocks 1-30

Weekender bag - This is coming right along, though I am waiting on my zipper to arrive.  Fortunately, it looks like it will be here today or tomorrow, so maybe the long holiday weekend might just end with a nice, finished bag for me, we'll see!

Weekender bag in progress

100 Quilts for Kids - After much deliberation, I finally decided on a bow-tie quilt, and naturally, once I decided on that, I couldn't wait to get started.  I've got all the fabric cut, and about a quarter of the blocks pieced so far.

Bowtie blocks in progress

Secret Quilt Project - Still waiting on a little bit of fabric to come in to wrap this one up, but it should be here any day now...

New this week:
do.Good.Stitches September blocks for the Bliss Circle - We are making string-pieced log cabin blocks.  Really.  Sounds tedious, but the end result is pretty cool, so stay tuned to hear about how this goes...

WiP Wednesday #42 Recap
Last week's total: 6
Finished this week: 0
New this week: 1
This week's total: 7

So what are you working on this week?  Come share it over at Freshly Pieced!

23 comments:

  1. I very suddenly FULLY understand being excited about going shopping alone. :) Although, thankfully my little guy usually just sleeps through any shopping trip so far.

    Your weekender bag is looking great so far. I'm still living vicariously through everybody else who is making one, but some day I hope to make one of my own. Maybe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have so much goin on! I cant wait for you to quilt the warm/cool quilt though, its an absolute beauty :-) Really glad the wee man is loving school - and you're loving more sewing time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be getting on really well with the weekender bag pattern... Are you finding it okay? I've wanted to make one for an age but have been a little scared after all the reviews. So I'm starting with the Sunday Sling bag and working up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekender bag looks great, and the Guy Quilt is very cool! Glad he is settling in well in preschool and you are enjoying the free time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your warm/cool quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what suddenly excites you once you have kids, no? Driving alone in the car, anyone? I simply love all your projects, what else can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful projects you have on the go :-) The warm/cool quilt top looks amazing. I really like the layout you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little guy's quilt looks great! All those characters I'm sure are so much fun for him to look at. The bowtie quilt also is looking fabulous! I just love that pattern, its certainly on my list to make. Seeing yours and Megan's weekenders are giving me just enough courage to give it a go! Did you use home dec weight fabric or regular quilters cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your warm/cool quilt turned out...it's beautiful! I like your bowties, too. I have some Odyssea blocks made up that need to be put together. Such a fun fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that your little guy is so much a part of the quilt project - sounds like something I would encourage. ;-)
    Love your warm/cool and really like the start of your bow tie quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with the solids in the Guy Quilt! I know your guy is going to treasure it, and you've inspired me to make one for Luke! I think it will be a Christmas gift, so maybe I should keep it a secret? That will be hard!

    And I totally get the solo grocery trip thing! Luke was an absolute monster last week at the grocery store. I don't even know what I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the Batman in the guy quilt! And your Weekender bag is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, I totally get you on the grocery store thing. For me it's a treat to go there with just ONE of them! : )

    The guy quilt turned out so cute! And your Weekender bag is looking very promising. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah... I love a good solo shopping trip. Moms have a slightly different idea of luxury. ;)

    I love the Guy quilt!! SO cute! And the bag looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Guy quilt turned out perfect! Your little guy is gonna love that one for a long long time! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The guy quilt is lovely - he's going to love that for years to come! Love the warm/cool quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. The bag looks as though it's going well (don't want to jinx it) - hope the zip arrives soon! Hope you enjoyed your solo shopping trip and that you didn't turn round too many times in a panic to see where your little man was...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The guy quilt is adorable - so bright and cheery. Shopping solo? What's that? Tee hee - that's called luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Come on Super Top Secret Quilt Project! I can't wait to meet you!

    The Warm/Cool quilt is so beautiful. How are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your warm/cool top is fabulous! So is the guy quilt! And you are my hero for tackling that Weekender Bag - I hear it's an absolute bear.

    I'm not gonna lie - I'm looking forward to school starting next week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Today is our first day of preschool. "orientation" didn't go so well so my fingers are crossed!
    Your guy quilt looks great. I love all the colors.
    Did your hubby gripe while helping you baste? Mine does every time - haha, but he still does it. I can't wait to see what you do with that Values quilt. It's gorgeous.
    And I can't wait to hear more about your weekender, it looks fantastic so far!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of lovely things on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The warm and cool quilt looks gorgeous as well as your weekender bag!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How nice of your hubby to help with the basting - I need to convince min to help me next time as I think it really is the hardest part of quilting! Or maybe the hardest part is deciding what to do and actually cutting into the fabric:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat