Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WiP Wednesday #38

My oh my, I don't have a lot to share today - I've spent the last several days visiting with my mother, who's been in town, so my sewing machine has gotten a nicely deserved little break. I realized today that this is also my 200th post - so let me just really quickly say how much I have enjoyed blogging these eleven months, and how thankful I am for all of you who give me feedback and comment here on my blog.  This has all been so much fun and I'm looking forward to the next 200 posts!

I do have a few things to check off the To Sew list this week, and a few bee blocks to add to the list, though, so here goes, a quickie recap...

Still going:
Summer Sampler series - I'm all caught up at the moment, and I had a lot of fun working on the Evening Star block yesterday.  I adore that block!

DSCN5479

Warm/Cool quilt - My stacks of unironed, untrimmed HSTs have been taunting me this last week. I've made it as far as ironing maybe 30 of them, but that's as far as I've gotten. I'm really hoping to buckle down and work on ironing and trimming this week!

DSCN5482

Ryan's Guy Quilt - Zero progress. More fabric piles taunting me!

DSCN5480

Farmer's Wife QAL - I got two more blocks done, but I'm not looking forward to next week's blocks - eek!  They're full of teeny-tiny triangles and intimidating the heck out of me at the moment.

Farmer's Wife 1-22

For the Love of Solids swap - I've been sketching like mad and I'm thinking I've got a pretty cool idea of what I'm going to make for my partner at the moment. It's entirely possible I will change my mind (again), so we'll see.

Finished:
Cindy's mini bookshelf quilt

Cindy's birthday miniquilt

{Sew} Beautiful block for Kati for August

Wonky Log Cabin for Kati

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee blocks

My 4x5 Blocks for Beehive 12

New:
do.Good.Stitches August Bliss block - Dutchman's Puzzle in red, white, and blue

do.Good.Stitches August Love block - Kate's in the process of moving this month, so I'm filling in for her in the Love circle this month, where we're working on an improv block using pink, yellow, brown, and khaki.  I hardly ever use my browns and khakis, so I'm looking forward to these blocks!

WiP Wednesday Recap:
Last week's total: 7
Finished this week: 3
New this week: 2
This week's total: 6

Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to find out how everyone else is doing with their To Sew lists!

36 comments:

  1. I love your evening star block! I really want to give that one a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least those numbers are moving in the right direction! Love your evening star block. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping up with your quilt-alongs is no small feat! The evening star block is fab!
    Where are you finding the fabric for R's quilt? Dinosaur Train???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guys quilt for Ryan inspired me to look for something fun for my little 3 year old. He had asked for a new quilt 2 weeks ago and I just happened upon some Hot Wheels fabric last Thursday. Perfect and fun, and I got it finished in time for his birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 200th post! Thanks for sharing all the lovely pictures of your quilts in progress. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your Evening Star block is beautiful...you have also used my favourite colours. For someone who doesn't have a lot to share...you have certainly been busy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your evening star block, I think that's one of my favorites! I also think your bookshelf mini quilt is awesome-- I made a quilt called stacks of books last year, and I always appreciate anything book and quilt related!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.M.G. WHERE did you find Dinosaur Train fabric?? Er, I mean, the rest of your projects are lovely, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have ALOT to show! Love that Evening Star block!! Congrats on 200 posts - you are at the top of my reading list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that Evening Star. Beautiful. Congrats on 200 posts. Your FW blocks are coming along great as well! I really want to try this one but it will have to wait until some others are done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of wonderful blocks and projects to me! I love that evening star block especially. I am also noticing how nice those blocks for the 4x5 bee look together, they would make a nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All such great blocks. It looks like you've been busy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your evening star block is perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Elisabeth! You have made so many beautiful blocks again! In the last photo I love the colours! The first one - Evening Star - is The block! Now and then we see something that it brings big smile to our face and this block gave the smile to me! I want to make that!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dinosaur Train!!! Seriously, where did you find that? :)

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Evening Star!! The colors you are using are gorgeous!! All of your blocks are great!!

    Happy 200th post!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful all the way around! Congrats on your 200th post and thanks for a blog I always enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Evening Star block, awesome!! I know what you mean about being away from the sewing machine, I have been gone since mid June and have a few more weeks to go....ugh! I also am not enjoying the limited internet...another ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much loveliness! You-are-amazing! Posted my Kaleidoscope quilt today! My weird question is WHERE did you get that dinotrain fabric. My kids would go bonkers if they had something done with it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dinosaur train! where did you find it? my daughter would looooove that. i totally love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Evening star is gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. *sigh* Elizabeth, how could you possibly have to much to show us when you have had company? And it's all so fabulous! Every time I see "Cindy's" bookshelf quilt I keep thinking it's for me. Just kidding. Sorta... :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohh love that evening star block! So so pretty! I cant wait to see what you do for the characters quilt, sure looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. For supposedly not having a lot to share, you've got a lot going on!

    I really like that Evening Star block, especially the colors you're using. I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Evening Star block is gorgeous! Looks like you've gotten quite a bit accomplished this week - I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your colors for the summer sampler series. The blocks all look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Post-iversary! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on 200 posts in eleven months - I think I'd been blogging for about three years before I reached that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Only 11 months? It seems longer, in the best possible way. I am in LOVE with your Evening Star block. And I really hope I'm your FTLOS partner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh man, is that dinosaur train fabric? I love dinosaur train!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely, lovely, lovely blocks. Love the Evening Star especially - I'm hoping to make mine tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Glad you got to spend some quality time with your mom! Love all that you shared, but especially Cindy's quilt. The books are fabulous! And your farmer's wife blocks are some of my favorite. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy 200th post - the quilt blogging community is all the richer for your wonderful contribution these last past eleven months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on 200 posts! It looks like you made a lot of progress to me! LOVE your Evening Star. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  35. You've been very productive. I can't wait to see the summer sampler all laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So I have to ask too- where did you find the Dinosaur Train fabric? I have a little dinosaur maniac who would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat