Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WiP Wednesday #39

I am dragging so seriously badly this morning, thanks to super late night at the movies, seeing a midnight showing of "The Help."   I'm not quite awake enough to tell you much other than that it was absolutely worth how tired I am today!  And I will definitely be seeing it again!!   Let's see how things are going with my project list...


Finished:

Summer Sampler blocks - I'm holding off on putting this top together just yet, because I'm going to combine these blocks with the ones I receive in the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee, so this one is done for now.

DSCN5541


do.Good.Stitches August blocks for the Bliss circle


do.Good.Stitches August blocks for the Bliss Circle

do.Good.Stitches August blocks for the Love circle




Still going:
Warm/Cool QAL - I'm halfway through trimming these blocks and ironing them. Here's hoping I can maybe get to the laying out part next week...

DSCN5543


Farmer's Wife QAL - I'm 24 blocks into the quilt-along, just another 87 to go!

24 blocks down!

For the Love of Solids swap - I did a lot of sketching over the weekend and digitized several of the sketches I liked.  I'm still deciding which one is the best...

Talk to me, partner


Ryan's guy quilt - I haven't gotten anywhere with this one this week.  In fact, my pile of fabric has a smidgen of dust on top of it at the moment.

New:
Another mystery project - I can't share much about this one just yet, but I promise you will see it down the road!  I did a lot of cutting this week, and hope to do a lot of piecing next week.

DSCN5544

WiP Wednesday #39 Recap
Last week's total: 7
Finished this week: 3
New this week: 1
This week's total: 6

So that's how my projects are coming along - how about yours?  Link up your progress over at Freshly Pieced!

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects, Elizabeth!
    What a great idea to add blocks from the 4X5 bee to your Summer Sampler quilt -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sampler blocks look amazing! And for what it's worth, I really like the quilt mockup in the bottom left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful things on the go. My favourite is the Summer Sampler Quilt - I think limiting your palette made it work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh those summer sampler blocks look amazing!! Can't wait to see more of that secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you went to the midnight showing!! Dang, you're living it up! I see some caffeine in your future... :)

    Your Summer Sampler blocks look fantastic. I can't wait to see that one all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your summer sampler blocks - the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your summer sampler is gorgeous! Love block #12. I'm a little scared of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bottom left solids plan! Your Farmer's blocks are looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your summer sampler is absolutely wonderful.I love .

    You have many wonderful thing on the go.Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you stitching away! Your Dutchman's Puzzle blocks are lovely. The points are lovely and crisp and the fabrics perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun array of projects. I love the possibilites in your solids quilt--it will be interesting to see what choices you made and how you are progressing.

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The summer sampler looks amazing. (Did I tell you I got a yard of that fabulous grey fabric from Silent Cinema? It's even more amazing when you see it for real!!)

    Question: what is that grey background with what looks like orange flowers in the Dutchmen's Puzzle blocks (Is that the name? I'm writing from memory here in the comment window...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you liked the movie and it was worth the lack of sleep! : ) I can't believe you still posted this at 6 a.m.! The Summer Sampler blocks look fab - I can't wait to see how they look with your 4x5 blocks. What a great plan. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your summer sampler, and all your design ideas for the solids swap, but the bottom left might be my favorite. but they're all so good! good luck with the warm cool, I still need to finish mine...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love your summer sampler blocks! Grey & blue is my fav color combo at the moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of beautiful projects. I love the colours in the do Good Bliss circle blocks. The Summer Sampler blocks look fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing it when you add the bee blocks.
    The FW blocks look so good all laid out together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A *midnight* showing? You're bada$$! Love your projects. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. all beautiful! Especially like your Summer Sampler!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm just loving the blues & greens in your Summer Sampler blocks. Can't wait to see how it all turns out with your 4x5 blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love your summer sampler. so gorgeous and the color combination is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh your farmer's wife quilt squares are deliciously scrumptious. Love them...

    ReplyDelete
  22. For the Love of Solids quilt, I LOVE number 6, the colorful crosses, that would be so BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel so behind. Okay - I LOVE your summer series blocks! They all turned out fantastic! All of your blocks look great! And the solids... I don't know how you would pick a favorite design. I can't. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of your work is lovely! I really like the colours you used for the sampler blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your summer sampler blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat