Monday, September 2, 2013

September Lucky Stars Block of the Month: The Windmill Star

Happy Labor Day to you! I hope you're enjoying the long weekend, if you happen to have one. I've spent the weekend alternating between working and hanging out at the pool with my munchkin. The weather has been surprisingly rain-free the last several days, which is a welcome change from our typical summer weather here in Florida, where you can often set your watch by the afternoon thunderstorms. The nice weather sure has contributed to my spending zero time sewing so far this weekend.

Lucky Stars Block of the Month for September: The Windmill Star

First thing Saturday morning, I went ahead and sent out the pattern for the Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club, knowing that many people would be spending this long weekend sewing. This month's star is the Windmill Star, a block I really enjoy. I'd really like to do an entire quilt in this block one of these days. I suppose for now I'll just add that to my lengthy list of quilts I'd like to make!

I'm hoping to get to dust off my lonely sewing machine and actually do a bit of sewing this week myself. Fingers crossed! Have a great rest of your Labor Day!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending it early... Already made!
    http://cathy-blueberrypatch.blogspot.ca/2013/09/on-barn-wall.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And we've had so much rain (I'm about 2 hours north of Tampa) that I've been thankful for the lack of rain this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet block with the pinwheel in the pinwheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made mine this weekend so I definitely appreciated having the pattern at the beginning of them. This was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made mine this weekend so I definitely appreciated having the pattern at the beginning of them. This was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat