Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Chain + Link quilt - featured in Quilty Sept/Oct 2013 issue

I'm excited to share another quilty finish, Chain + Link, featuring V & Co's gorgeous Simply Style fabrics. This quilt and pattern are featured in the September/October 2013 issue of Quilty magazine, available now. You can find copies at your local craft and quilt shops, as well as at Fat Quarter Shop and Quilty.

My Chain + Link pattern in the Sept/Oct issue of Quilty

This one-block quilt was inspired by some tilework I spotted last year and drew in my sketchbook. Once I paired it with Vanessa's gorgeous prints, it was exactly the quilt I hoped it would be. Vanessa seriously has a gift for creating great stash building fabrics that look great when used together, and look awesome when mixed with other collections as well.

Chain + Link quilt - front view

I love the way the blocks interact with each other and come together. This quilt is probably the closest I've ever come to making an optical illusion! I love it!

Chain + Link Close Up - The Way the Blocks Come Together

I quilted it with 50 wt white Aurifil thread color number 2024, my personal favorite. I had thought about doing some thread matching and specialized quilting, but in the end, I didn't have the colors I needed, and I decided that I wanted more of an all-over design, so I stuck with good old white. I stitched a simple orange peel design on the quilt top, which really works nicely with the patchwork in this quilt, I think.

Chain + Link quilt - side view

And if you'd like to make this exact quilt, you can pick up a quilt kit with the magazine as well as all the fabrics you'll need to sew up the top at Fons & Porter's online shop. The kit is on backorder at the moment, but is expected to be in stock soon. You can find Simply Style fabrics in stock at The Intrepid Thread, I Don't Do Dishes, and Stash Modern Fabrics.

Quilty magazine - Sept/Oct 2013 issue

Quilt Stats
name: Chain + Link
size: 63" x 78 1/2"
pattern: Chain + Link, in the September/October 2013 issue of Quilty magazine
fabrics: Simply Style by V & Co for Moda Fabrics
quilting: all-over orange peel quilting, with white 50 wt Aurifil thread

19 comments:

  1. That is a really gorgeous quilt! Congrats on your published masterpiece :) Cindy - Bradenton, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic! Can't wait for my Quilty mag to show up in my mailbox. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your quilt is gorgeous. Love your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on it being published :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be a great quilt for a teen boy - they are such a hard age group to quilt for, but this would be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great quilt - love the pattern - it has so many possibilities with color - thanks for sharing and congrats #!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome quilt! I have a Jelly Roll of Simply Color that I have been saving. It would look so good paired with Simply Style to make this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Looks fabulous and a great pattern for "gender neutrals"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt and perfect fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo nice! I hope I can find the magazine ... I am very curious to know the fabric requirements .
    Congratlations !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Your having an amazing few weeks, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! I hope to snag a copy next time I'm in the fabric store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really beautiful Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on this! I bought the magazine without looking inside to get your pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat