Monday, September 30, 2013

Lucky Star Block of the Month: October Block + a few winners

Happy Monday to you! I'm excited to share October's block for the Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club, the Chaos Star. I really love how this one came together, but I have to admit, I spent quite a few moments questioning my fabric choices as I worked on piecing this one, but I trusted my gut and kept on trucking. I'm glad I did too - I wasn't sure how the outer ring would come together, with the dark cerise Flora and Fauna print with the assorted lighter pink prints, but I really like how they all work together to give a feeling of motion in that outer ring. I'm fairly sure I say this every month, but this month's star is one of my favorites! Club members, you'll receive this block in your Inbox first thing tomorrow morning.

Lucky Stars BOM October: Chaos Star

I owe you all three winners from last week's great Andover Textured Solids charm pack giveaway. And here they are, in no particular order :

#137: Alyce
#3: Jennifer Lowe
#89: Leila

Congrats, ladies! I'll be in touch with you today to get your lovely fabric on your way to you!

Lucky Stars BOM so far!


I hope you're enjoying working through the Lucky Stars blocks - or if you're collecting them for a rainy day, I hope you're enjoying that, too! We've got just two more blocks to go now, so I'm starting to think about 2014. I'm thinking of doing another block of the month club for 2014, I've had so much fun with this one, and there were many, many stars that didn't make it into this year's line-up, so tell me something - would you be in for some more stars with me?

17 comments:

  1. Since I prefer the 6-inch size, more is always better. To complete a project, I'll need many, many more. LOVE stars! Who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, more stars! (And I haven't actually made any of them yet, I'm collecting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm collecting for that rainy day, the more the better I say. Count me in for 2014; I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This month's star is one of my favorites too! I'm eagerly anticipating tomorrow's pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i looove this BOM, can't wait for the next block ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo. I think I might *finally* be up to trying more paper piecing. 2014 may be the year to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love more stars...i have made every single one of them...will be getting started on this one soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this star!
    And I love that I won! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this block! I keep intending to join the BOM but things have gotten in the way. If you continue in 2014 I'd love to join...I'm thinking I would like to make placemats with each star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, yes..love your stars and look forward to them every month and I actually keep up with them. I would pick out a completely different color set and make new star quilt as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please keep going! I love making these. They are exquisite! And this month's is especially awesome! Can't wait to choose my fabrics for it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am collecting them but have made a few for it wasnt my intention....you know LIFE !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy Leila is a winner! She's a fellow Iowan (I'm a former Iowan), and was in the Des Moines MQG with me. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got in late this year, love your stars (at this point I am collecting but hope to get started soon) yes, I would like yo do another year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've made every star in both sizes (and with sometimes questionable fabric choices) so far, including the alternate one the month the pattern showed two piecing options and the practice block.

    I'd do more stars, I'm a glutton for punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For some reason I am unable to access the pattern for the October star. Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Elizabeth . My email doesn't have a link to access the pattern for the October Star. Thank you . gina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat