Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Color My World PDF Pattern Now Available!

I know as quilters that we're all partial to our quilts, and we love them (most of the time, except when they're driving us crazy) unconditionally, but I have to tell you - this really is one of my personal favorites. I love bright colors, and this quilt not only uses great fun bright colors, but I love this block. Say hello to my newest PDF quilt pattern, Color My World!

Color My World - front

Originally featured in Quiltmaker late last year, this quilt was sewn up in Vanessa Christensen's first fabric collection for Moda, Simply Color. I still have a lot of these prints in my stash, because they are such great stash staples! I just love tonal prints like these, they go with everything. The PDF pattern is nine pages long, chock full of tips to help you plan out and sew up your quilt. There's even a coloring page to give you the opportunity to plan out your colors and fabrics before sewing a stitch!

Color My World - detail 2

This quilt is a block-based quilt, with a block that is centered around a classic snowball block. Using some simple squares placed methodically, a connection is created throughout the blocks. An additional connection is made by the way I staggered the blocks by color - and I just love the hexagons that are created where the blocks meet!

Color My World - detail

I had some great pattern testers run through this pattern and create some beautiful quilt tops of their own. Kelie, Jill and Tsoniki, thank you all so much! I really appreciate your help, and I love the quilt tops you guys made :)

Kelie's Color My World
Kelie's lap size Color My World quilt top

Jill's Color My World
Jill's baby size Color My World quilt top

Tsoniki's Color My World
Tsoniki's baby size Color My World quilt top 

Through the long holiday weekend (which is perfect for putting together a new quilt top, by the way!), you can pick up this pattern on sale for $6. The pattern sale will end next Tuesday, September 3rd. You can purchase this pattern through my Pattern Shop or Craftsy, whichever you prefer. As always, I'd love to see your creations with this pattern in my Flickr group, Stitching with Don't Call Me Betsy. Have a great day everyone!

New pattern available today! Color My World

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the colors just pop! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful pattern! it is really really pretty! I hope many will download it!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I really liked seeing the different versions, however I think I like yours the best. So talented. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pattern! I'm working on a PDF for Craftsy this morning, too. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a great eye with color! I love how yours turned out. Hope you're enjoying the new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! And crazy how all of the ones look so different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Elizabeeth! I love colours and I think it's the turquoise base that makes the magic. Also the block is fantastic! I love your colour choise and (sorry) the octagons that there comes where the blocks meet.
    You have so many patterns I would love to make! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with the colors and pattern. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love your color placement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how different all the fabric choices make the pattern look! It's gorgeous in every version.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat