Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rain, rain, go away...

It's been a rainy start to the week in my neck of the woods. A soaker, really. Thankfully, it's nothing tropical, but steady, all-day rain is very un-Florida. Nothing but gray skies and the drip-drip-drip of raindrops, so it's been a sluggish start to the week for me. I need a good cup of coffee to get my juices flowing and get my week chugging along!

Trunk Show @ Sarasota MQG
me and my Less is More quilt, from Becoming a Confident Quilter
photo by Jodi Gustafson, SMQG

My trunk show at the Sarasota MQG
the line-up of quilts I brought to the trunk show
photo by Jodi Gustafson, SMQG

I had such a great time over the weekend at my trunk show in Sarasota. Thank you so much for having me, Sarasota Modern Quilt Guild! It was a lot of fun to talk through a bunch of my quilts and share them with other sewists.

Minion eye!

In my sewing room, I'm making good progress on my little minion quilt - I've got the bulk of the patchwork for the center sewn together now, just need to start adding the outer white borders, then the pixelated border. If only I could decide on what color(s) to use for the pixelated border. :) I did manage to cut up all the white squares, just need to start sewing them together. I think that's in the forecast for today, after I venture out to the grocery store in today's rain. Here's hoping I don't manage to get stuck in a downpour! And I absolutely must remember to put a new cone of Aurifil on the machine today, too! I think I've got mere inches left to spare. Have a great Tuesday!

Nearing the end of the line!

13 comments:

  1. I love that quilt, well all of them but especially that Less is More pattern. I am ordering your book today. And I wanted to say that you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow woman! Look how skinny you are! Great hard work... and I love the quilt of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say what Julie said. You look fantastic! As do your quilts--lovin that minion one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's definitely a lot less of you, you look fabulous, as do the quilts :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I freaking love that Less is More quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt. Love the gray and then choice placements of color! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is wonderful and you are nothing less than stunning! Congrats on all of the much deserved recognition for your book, quilts and weight loss. You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the less is more! Way to work the color.
    Me thinks you need a new profile picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "Less is More" quilt, and it has been fun watching the progress on your Minion quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "Less Is More" quilt is fantastic! Great color choices with the grey - they all work so well together! I've pinned this quilt it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adore your less is more quilt. Can't wait to see more of your minion quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth, less is more is what you are now! You look fantastic. Well done on this achievement. I love the quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really had to look twice at the photo of you holding the quilt and then at the new profile photo. What a difference! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat