Friday, September 20, 2013

Introducing the Confetti Stars quilt pattern

Confetti Stars - pattern cover

Happy Friday to you! It's a good day today, I've got a great new quilt pattern to share, and it's been a long time coming! I'm super excited to add this quilt pattern to my Pattern Shop, one of the longest ones I've ever put together - Confetti Stars!

Confetti Stars - finished!

Confetti Stars is a great foundation paper pieced pattern, but this pattern is extra special. There are two completely different looks you can create with this pattern - modern, with loads of negative space, and traditional, with a more block-based approach. Both variations feature two different sized Confetti Stars, to create lots of movement throughout your finished quilt top.

Confetti Stars - lap size modern layout
lap size with modern layout

The 11-page pattern is chock full of photographs and diagrams to help you make this quilt - even if you've never paper pieced before! If you're an experienced paper piecer, you'll still have a lot of fun with this quilt, plotting out your own take on this quilt.

Confetti Stars - Queen Sized Traditional layout
queen size with traditional layout

I was lucky enough to have some fantastic quilt testers run through this pattern, and I'm so thrilled with the beautiful quilts they made. Here they are:

Amy from International Stashes
Amy made a really fun baby quilt, using the traditional layout in the pattern, with a fun polka-dot fabric for her background. I love the whimsy a good polka dot adds to a quilt!

Confetti Stars baby traditional layout made by Amy Martin

Sarah of Stitching and Bacon
Sarah made a great baby quilt in the traditional layout, using varied low-volume prints for her background fabric. I really enjoy the extra depth the variation adds to the quilt. Great choice, Sarah!

Confetti Stars baby traditional layout made by Sarah Lowry

Tracey of Quilting in the Pacfiic Northwest
Tracey made a beautiful quilt using a twist on a modern layout in shades of blue, making her own unique take on the quilt. I just love the way her stars sparkle. Can't wait to see this one all quilted up!

Confetti Stars modern layout twist made by Tracey Peterson

Thank you all so much!

For the next week, you can pick up this pattern for a complete steal at $6.00! This pattern will go up to its regular price of $9.00 next Friday. This PDF pattern is available in my Pattern Shop and on Craftsy as well. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Happy stitching to you this weekend :)

Confetti Stars - detail

4 comments:

  1. That is a great pattern. Such fun! I really like the blue top with the outlined stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design. I especially love the queen size traditional layout. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat