Sunday, January 15, 2012

Starting 2012 off with a clean sewing space

It's a new year, and at my house, that means cleaning and re-organizing...or as my mom used to call it "mad moving."  I inherited the "mad mover" gene from my dad, where I all of a sudden feel a need to have things spic-and-span, and in the mad dash to put things away, I often put things in odd places.  I had a big mad mover rush in my sewing room on New Year's Day but I'm pleased to report that the only thing that got "lost" in the cleaning was my sketchbook, which I have just found.  Yay!


This morning, you'll find my sewing space featured on Lawson and Lotti's blog, as a part of her Sunday Sewing Spaces feature.  Pop on over and peer into my sewing space!


Lawson and Lotti

8 comments:

  1. Your sewing space looks great! Love those minis and how conveniently your iron is placed. I totally think I need a comfy chair like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stash organization! My son built some barnboard cabinets for me, and the rest is stored in picnic baskets. I have been downsizing a little. Hoping to get what I really love within better reach. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your interview. And the part about your father was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being a featured blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, I used bed risers to increase the height of my cutting table. A little higher would be nice still but there's no permanent change to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful space and I am so sorry for your loss, that is lovely that he is in your room with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat