Monday, January 9, 2012

Introducing...the Photo Corners quilt pattern

I am super excited to share my newest quilt pattern with you guys this morning.  Introducing...Photo Corners!    It's now available in my pattern shop, right alongside my other two patterns, Fabricland and Xs and Os.


The PDF pattern provides instructions for both a baby size quilt as well as a lap size quilt, perfectly for snuggling under.  The 10-page full-color PDF pattern takes you step-by-step through the complete creation of this quilt and is perfect beginner and advanced quilters alike.  The pattern is both fat-eighth and fat-quarter friendly, and I'm also working on a special fat quarter quilt kit over at Pink Castle Fabrics, so stay tuned for more on that!


Have you ever fallen in love with a print so much that you couldn't bring yourself to cut it up for a quilt?  Then this is the perfect pattern for you!  This pattern is just right for large-scale prints as well as fun novelty prints.  The blocks for this quilt are inspired by the traditional square snowball block and create a fun way to show off some of your favorite prints, much like the photo corners that are so popular with scrapbookers.


This was the first quilt that I've really taken out to shoot with my new camera.  It just happened to be the coldest day we've seen in Florida in a very long time, but I braved the cold to get some good photos since the sun was so fantastic.  Most of these photos were pure luck, because I'm definitely still learning how to use the darned thing!


One of my good blog friends, Dana, tested this pattern for me and used Aneela Hoey's gorgeous upcoming line, A Walk in the Woods.  Unfortunately, her computer is acting up at the moment, but as soon as it is, I'll be sharing her quilt as well!




There's only room for so many quilts in my house, so my Photo Corners quilt is busy getting used to a much colder climate out in Salt Lake City, with my dear friend Amy, who's gearing up for a new quilt-along.  She has a December birthday just like me, and sent me some yummy fabric for my birthday, so naturally, I sent her a quilt to say thank you :)  She took some great photos of the quilt in the snow.

Terrain quilt fr Don't Call Me Betsy! actionshot#3

The Photo Corners PDF quilt pattern includes all of the information you'll need to make this quilt, including color photos and complete piecing diagrams to follow, as well as requirements for batting and binding.  Two finished sizes are available for you to choose form in the pattern, baby size 47" x 51 1/2" and lap size 62" x 71".


Quilt Stats
Name: Photo Corners
Fabrics: Kate Spain's Terrain collection along with Kona Spring Green
Pattern: Photo Corners quilt pattern, by yours truly
Quilting: All-over meandering stipple in hot pink Gutermann thread
Binding: Kate Spain's Aster Stream Bloom print from her Terrain collection for Moda
Size: 62" x 71"

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  This is going to be a fun week on the blog, I'm working on a block tutorial to share with you all on Friday, so stay tuned :)

32 comments:

  1. Fabulous! And that green border just speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I'm in Florida also, hasn't the weather been beautiful lately?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea to show off those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely, congratulations on another wonderful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great pattern for showing off prints! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pattern Elizabeth! Love how it showcases larger prints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Could I please make first the Modern Halfs ... your show us every day new beautiful quilts!
    Green colour is not very often seen on the border or back but it is the most beautiful, like the quilt is always on the green grass!
    I love your pattern and all those colours!
    x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!! I love it...and congrats on the new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, it's big...I didn't realize it was that big. =) I have some of that fabric, but not enough to make a full sized quilt like that. IT is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have sure been busy! All these new patterns. :) I just started a very scrappy version of your Modern Halves quilt, which for me will be an ongoing project, as scraps accumulate I'll make more blocks.

    Looking forward to the block tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt! I love the green border, too :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Elizabeth! And such a great idea! Congratulations on another pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great pattern, Elizabeth! Congrats! I'm excited to see Dana's Little Apples version.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Did you make that with a Layer Cake? I have one of the same fabrics sitting in my sewing room and I have been trying to decide which pattern to use. So I'm wondering if the Layer Cake squares would work on your pattern?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple FQ stacks that I'm not willing to chop into! This might be perfect to actually USE them! Yay!
    Just added it to my Amazon wishlist ;-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yet another winner - way to go, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, pretty! Love the spring green for the border! Congrats on another one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a kind friend you are! beautiful quilt elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quilt looks so pretty laid out on the grass! It makes me excited for picnics in the summer. I love this pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!!! Congratulations on another wonderful pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So fun, Elizabeth! And it looks perfectly at home in both the sun and the snow :) That must have been a fun surprise for Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This quilt "captures" the fabric in a perfect "light", The name certainly for me conjures up memories of my photo albums as a teenager, its just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat