Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one with lots of bee blocks

I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously, how is it Wednesday again already?  I guess it has been a bit of a busy week, both sewing-wise and real-life wise, with a sick kiddo, a trip to the circus, and lots of  planning for the new year.  I'm still fouling up the year on everything I write the date on, but I'm excited to see what this new year will bring.  Let's see how my projects are coming along, shall we?

Finished this week:
Photo Corners pattern - Thanks for ll the fabulous support and enthusiasm about my newest pattern!  You guys are the best :)

Photo Corners quilt - full shot #2


Sew Beautiful block for Cherie, using her awesome Carpenter's Star tute - ready to send!


Camera strap for my new camera - Finished and putting to good use!

My new camera strap

4x5 Weathervane blocks - and I'm working on finishing up a block tutorial to share with you all on Friday for this block!


Stash Trad block - all ready to send off to Lynne!


Still working on:
String Me Along block - Bree asked for a Polaroid-inspired block, using her tutorial, and so far, these little Polaroids are a lot of fun!!


New this week:
Mod Stitches block for Jeni - I just got Jeni's fabric in the mail and am looking forward to stitching up a little block for her!


Birthday pouch for Mom - My mother's birthday is coming up next month, and I'd really like to make a zippy pouch for her.  She has always had a bottomless purse, so I figure a pouch might really come in handy...plus they're so fun to stitch up!  I definitely want to do some kind of patchwork, but I'm awfully undecided at the moment, so I thought I'd pull a few fabrics that I think she'd like.  She's a bit more traditional than I am, so I pulled these there beauties, which I think will be a fun combination for her (L-R: fabrics from Terrain, DS Quilts Picnic & Fairgrounds, and The Woodlands).


What about you?  What are you stitching up this week?  Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to get your weekly dose of works-in-progress at the WIP Wednesday link-up.  Happy sewing!

33 comments:

  1. I think I like the black-based block best - it really makes those colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That Stash Trad is lovely! You have made so many lovely blocks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the blocks. How'd you make out on the LynneBob this time!? Your camera strap is great too. Does it stay in place? I've been thinking of making one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are all so beautiful! It must be more fun to use a camera with a beautiful strap. I am loving those polaroid blocks - I can see many uses for those - I spy quilt, fussy cutting HR fabrics, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are gorgeous! Love the weathervane block - can't wait for the tutorial on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, everything is lovely. I especially like the camera strap, and hinted for one for Christmas, but looks like I'll have to come up with one myself, since Santa apparently doesn't sew.

    Good luck with your projects. I need to find some time to go work on some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! As said your quilt is fantastic and that green is really good for the border! All your new blocks are wonderful!
    x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the blocks look lovely! Love the polaroid blocks... too fun! THe fabrics you pulled for your moms pouch are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, and of course, great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, loving those polaroids! thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I really like the photo corners quilt! That's a perfect name for it, too. Did you use a tute for the camera strap? I've got a few on my list to make as a PIF for a photog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new pattern! I love all the blocks you are working on. I'll have to check out the tutorial on the polaroid block. very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, man! SO many great things here! I love the Carpenter's star!! And the camera strap! And all the blocks! And especially the pattern!!

    Sorry about the sick kiddos, though! At least you got to go to the circus, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your new pattern! It really is just perfect for showcasing larger scale prints. Love your 4x5 bee blocks and the stash trad block! Those colors really pop against the dark grey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything si great, but I particularly love the Polaroid blocks!! How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your new pattern (and the name rocks--so fun). Your posts are always so colorful and inspiration. And your production. Yeah, well I know I sound like a broken record on that one. :)

    The polaroid blocks look super cute. And I'm anxious to work on Jeni's block too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way your bee blocks came out. I need to get started on mine. I especially love Cherie's. I love the look of that block.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's all wonderful, Elizabeth! Love the weathervane blocks in particular, but what's not to love about any of it really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks great, Elizabeth! I am really loving those weather vane blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so many great projects! I really like the rectangular snowballs,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those Polaroid blocks are brilliant! And the weathervane -can't wait for your tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are all awesome! You have been very busy!!!! I am wondering what you have on your camera covering the flash? Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry the boy has been sick!

    There's nothing better than crossing all of those blocks off the list! The weathervane block is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - that's a busy week! All your stuff is so great. I must get going on Lynne's block!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all of your blocks but I especially like the middle fabric on your mothers potential pouch. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous, thank you and I like Felicity's comment lol.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving all your projects this week, especially your new quilt design - gorgeous and those super cute polaroids are so sweet, love them

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have so many great blocks, Elizabeth. I am really fond of the Stash Trad. The dark charcoal really makes the colors pop. Your's is the second Carpenter's Star I've seen this week. I may have to make one for myself.

    Michelle
    ~visiting from Freshly Pieced

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that is the mother lode of bee blocks, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything is beautiful, as always Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're making me feel vastly behind on my bee blocks. : ) Yours all look great, of course! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat