Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WiP Wednesday: First list of the new year!

Oh boy, I sure am glad that WiP Wednesday is back.  I totally need the accountability to stay on track with my projects!!  Apparently, my works-in-progress have a tendency to multiply when they aren't being reported...

Here's what I've finished up this week:

Introducing: Modern Halves quilt tutorial

Fat Quarterly Aurifil Challenge - My Results


Here's what I've got cooking and simmering:

My next pattern, #103 - Just need to finish binding this one, take some awesome photos and edit the pattern.  I'm hoping to release this pattern next week, so stay tuned!

Pattern #3 - almost done!

Camera strap for my new camera - I am loving using my new camera, but it sure could use a fun cover for my camera strap, so I pulled some fabrics to make a simple patchwork strap cover.

Fabric plans for a camera strap cover

Stash Trad block for Lynne - Lynne asked for a bright and colorful LynneBobSquarePants using Kona Charcoal for the neutral, which I actually had to order, since we work from our stash. Couldn't believe there was a shade of Kona gray that I didn't have!  For the record, Charcoal is the darkest Kona gray, just a touch darker than Kona Coal.  Something tells me I won't have any trouble finding colorful scraps to use for this one...

No shortage of colorful scraps at my house!

{Sew} Beautiful block for Cherie - Cherie drafted a gorgeous 18" Carpenter Star block for us this month, and my fabric pairing included one of my favorite Heirloom prints paired with some Secret Garden, which is going to be super pretty.

Cherie's Carpenter Star fabrics

String Me Along block for Bree - Just got my fabric in the mail yesterday.  Bree has asked for Polaroid-esque shots a la Corey's awesome Ringo Pie block from last year, and I'm hoping I can do it justice.

String Me Along fabrics

4x5 Blocks - All cut out, ready to sew!  I'm stitching up weathervane blocks for my bee friends, using the same block I used for my Fat Quarterly challenge mini.  If anyone is interested in a tute for that block, I could definitely put one together, it's a great block!  Speaking of 4x5, quarter 1 sign-ups are open now!

4x5 fabrics cut up and ready to stitch

What are you working on this week?  Link it up over at Freshly Pieced and check out what everyone else is up to as well!

28 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's a lot of scraps! Your finishes are all fabulous and I can't wait for the big reveal of the new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Total scrap envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great finishes and WIPs. You do beautiful work and an enjoyable blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome scraps! glad you had that ipod on top for scale. At first I thought those were full sized bins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You are the queen! hehehe I really love that Modern Halves quilt for the Moda Bake Shop!! Sooooo fun. And can't wait to see pattern #103. Looks interesting! You have a great eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot going on! I need to make a camera strap for my daughter so I think I will wait till you do it and then take my cue from yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray that WIP Wed is back - keeps me on top of things, too! Love all of your projects! Can't wait to see more of your next pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for your having another pattern coming out - I bet that's really exciting. You have alot in the works, and agreed - that is alot o'scraps - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another pattern is wonderful, I look forward to seeing it and I think your bake shop quilt is so cheerful! I am seriously envious of the nicely sorted scraps, I might have to find some suitable bins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss your fabulous MBS tutorial! Love that quilt, awesome job Elizabeth! Glad to see my scraps aren't the only ones in giant bins like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy scrap bin stash batman. I love how they are all color organized.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! You're so organized. I can hardly stand it!

    I'm excited to see the new pattern! The quilting looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful projects, both the completed ones and the in-progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me fainting...THUD! Beautiful...beautiful...stash scrap heaven...fun...fun...fun...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those are a lot of scraps! You have several quilts right there! Great projects too! I hope to get back to fun sewing soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quilt is on my to do list. The Aurafil quilt is lovely. I would love to have this many scraps and so well organized too! I follow you but saw this at WIP first.

    @pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
    For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW - you've been busy - I love that your projects are mostly using up your stash...

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, you just amaze me with your productivity. You have some beautiful projects going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list, but I think I might have to stop by and raid your scrap bins ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh fun, I spy my fabrics in there! Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Elizabeth, I'm making a kaleidoscope quilt at last! Great tutorial, thank you. Better late then never...
    Your work is amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooo! I can't wait to see your new pattern!! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy moly...look at that stash! I feel so little now! Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is an impressive collection of scraps! I had to buy Charcoal too...I lurve it though so I'm pretty pleased.

    I spy some Terrain there - looking forward to the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Elizabeth - your Moda quilt is gorgeous! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving how organised you are - those scraps look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your stash storage! Pardon my drool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat