Monday, March 3, 2014

New in the Pattern Shop: The Chain + Link PDF Pattern

I'm so happy to share the newest pattern in my Pattern Shop this morning, Chain + Link - I initially made this quilt about a year ago for Quilty magazine, using some fabulous navies and greens from Vanessa Christenson's Simply Style collection, and I loved the way it came together. I had a lot of fun playing with the planning on this one, and ultimately, I'm glad that I went with the color progression that I did.

Now available - the Chain + Link PDF Quilt pattern!

I had paper-pieced my quilt, and when the magazine came out, the instructions were written for piecing the quilt using templates. Now, if you've followed my blog for a while, you know that I intensely dislike working with templates. I'd pick paper piecing over template piecing any day of the week, so I knew I wanted to release my own version of the pattern when the time came, and that time is now, yay!

Now available - the Chain + Link PDF Quilt pattern!

In the Chain + Link pattern, you'll find detailed foundation paper piecing instructions, complete with photographs to illustrate the steps and the paper piecing templates you'll need to make your own Chain + Link quilt. With four finished sizes to choose from, ranging from a small baby quilt to a large queen/king quilt, you'll find lots of ways to use this pattern. You'll also find a coloring page so that you can experiment with your color choices for your Chain + Link quilt, and have a little coloring fun at the same time!

Now available - the Chain + Link PDF Quilt pattern!

I had some great pattern testers help me finish up this pattern, so thank you ever so much to Jacey, Lisa, and Peta. They made some beautiful blocks from this pattern, check them out!

Jacey of Jaceycraft, who made a fabulous scrappy baby quilt top using the pattern


Lisa, who you'll find on Instagram as @brazenlisa - and Lisa was seriously brazen, she used flannels for her paper piecing!


Peta of Petaquilts, who made a darker Chain + Link block to see what the block looks like in a darker, more moody variation.


There's three other patterns that are in the testing phase right now that I'm working on releasing as the month progresses. To celebrate, for the month of March, each new release will be on sale for the week of its release, so for this week that means today's new release, Chain + Link, is on special for $6, rather than the regular price of $8! You can find all of my quilt patterns both in my Pattern Shop and on Craftsy. If you're a shop owner and are interested in stocking my paper patterns at your shop, please contact me directly at elizabeth(at)dontcallmebetsy(dot)com.

Don't forget to add your creations to the Stitching with Don't Call Me Betsy Flickr group and/or to tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #dontcallmebetsypatterns . Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pattern - love it. Am loving seeing all these wonderful Traditional Blocks on the right here as I type. And in such stunning fabrics too. xCathy p.s. Giveaway at mine if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern. It looks like it has a lot of scope with style depending on the colours. I like the darker one Peta made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern. I am interested that the magazine could change your directions so significantly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat