Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New in the pattern shop today: Mod Gears PDF Quilt Pattern

Today you'll find a new pattern in my pattern shop - the Mod Gears quilt pattern! This is such a fun, quick quilt to put together, with great tricks for making half-square triangles super fast and super accurately to boot. This quilt first was seen in an issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited last year, and has been one of my favorite quilts to share at my trunk shows since! You can now pick up this pattern at my Pattern Shop as well as on Craftsy.

Mod Gears - full frontal

In my quilt, I used Carolyn Friedlander's awesome Architextures collection for Robert Kaufman, with just a teeny tiny pop of fuchsia. Absolutely my favorite part of the quilt. One of the things you'll find in this quilt pattern is a coloring sheet with line drawings of the block so you can experiment with your color placement and find the color combination that makes you swoon over your quilt.

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 6.15.56 AM

You'll also find four different finished quilt sizes to choose from, ranging from a small baby quilt to a large queen/king size quilt, so you can pick the perfect project size for you. The six page pattern includes detailed instructions, with photographs and diagrams to illustrate the piecing.

I love how different this quilt can look, based on what fabrics you use where. Here's a few ideas of what you could do with this pattern...

Mod Gears in Mo Bedell's Hey Sugar Mod Gears in Chicopee Mod Gears in Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics Mod Gears in Violet Craft's Waterfront Park

I had three great testers sew through this pattern - a triumvirate of K's, actually! Take a look at what they made...

Kara of The Cooking Quilter


Kristan of Doodlebug Designs


Krista of Kristastitched


Aren't they all lovely?! Thanks so much ladies!

There's one more pattern slated to come out this month, and that's going to be at the end of next week because I've got some other fun stuff to share too before that. It's been so fun to finally get to share all these patterns that have been in the works for the last little while! Today's pattern is on sale for the next week, until the new release for the month comes out next week, both on Craftsy and at my Pattern Shop. If you're a shop owner and are interested in stocking my paper patterns at your shop, please contact me directly at elizabeth(at)dontcallmebetsy(dot)com. Have a fantastic day everyone!!

Modern Gears - detail1

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat