Monday, March 10, 2014

New in the pattern shop: Ferris Wheel PDF Quilt Pattern

It's so nice to see this quilt today, even if it is just virtually - the original Ferris Wheel quilt has been logging quite a few frequent flier miles, as part of the Original Sewing & Quilting Expo's quilt exhibit for quite a while now, which is such an honor, but boy do I miss this quilt! I originally made this quilt some time last year for Quilty magazine, and I'm so pleased to tell you that the pattern is now available in my Pattern Shop as well as on Craftsy!

The pattern you'll find in the Pattern Shop is exactly the way I made the quilt - all foundation paper piecing! I used Bonnie & Camille's beautiful Happy Go Lucky collection for this quilt, but it's a really versatile pattern that can look great with a scrappy approach, or even with a really monochromatic type of look to it.

My Ferris Wheel quilt

While the quilt is foundation paper pieced, once you get through the cutting, the piecing goes pretty quickly as the blocks are 18" finished, so it doesn't take too many to make yourself a nice big quilt. In the pattern, you'll find piecing and cutting information for four quilt sizes - baby, lap, twin, and queen/king. You'll also find a fun coloring page to give you an easy way to figure out how you'd like to plan out the colors for your blocks. It also makes a great activity for your littles :) My son still loves quilty coloring pages at six!

I love playing around with the different looks a quilt can have, and it's always breathtaking to me to see how different a quilt block can look when colored a different way. The Ferris Wheel pattern is no exception, and you can create a lot of interesting looks with this pattern.

Top row, L-R: Ferris Wheel in stunning solids, Ferris Wheel in Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater
Bottom row, L-R: Ferris Wheel in Meadow by Leah Duncan, Ferris Wheel in Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt

I had some fantastic pattern testers run through this pattern and make beautiful quilts of their own...
Lisa - on Instagram as @lisaquiltslikeaboss


Meli - at The Short Munchkin



Stephanie - on Instagram @yespositively and blogs at Stitch and Simmer


Thank you, ladies, for stitching through these blocks! They look fabulous!

To celebrate the release of this pattern, it is on sale this week only for $8, rather than the regular price of $10. There are three different foundation paper piecing templates in the pattern, in addition to detailed instructions as well as photographs and diagrams to make your piecing a breeze. You can pick up this pattern today in my Pattern Shop as well as on Craftsy. If you're a shop owner and are interested in stocking my paper patterns at your shop, please contact me directly at elizabeth(at)dontcallmebetsy(dot)com. Stay tuned for two more pattern releases before the month is over, and have a great day!

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat