Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The one with lots of indecision

I had a great time over the weekend, sewing with the Tampa Modern Quilt Guild. We had our third Sew Day, with two new members in attendance, and it was great to meet them. I even managed to get a good bit of sewing done, which was really nice. I'm looking forward to our next Sew Day, it's so fun to get to sew with others! Here's the projects I'm juggling at the moment...

Pillow Talk Swap - I felt compelled to make some stringy spools at the Sew Day. I kind of went to town on them, making twenty of them. I added some of Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 Woodgrain in Bark for the spool tops and bottoms, sashed them with some natural linen, and then promptly began to doubt that I'd gotten my partner's tastes quite right. I'm thinking I may go back to the drawing board and piece something different for my partner, and maybe give away my spool pillow.

Scrappy Spools pillow top

My next pattern, Sea of Stars - I had high hopes that I could finish this one in time for Bloggers Quilt Festival on Friday, but somehow I don't see that one happening. We'll see, I could have a burst of energy in spite of this cold I'm coming down with at the moment, but I think it'll be another week before it's finished up. I'm excited about it all the same, though it was terribly hard to cut into my Liberty of London prints. They're so darned beautiful and colorful in person!!! You can still find these at Sew Mama Sew and there's a few prints left at Pink Castle Fabrics as well.

Cutting into some Liberty for my next pattern

4x5 bee - I finally decided on a block for the 4x5 bee, and even drew my paper piecing template for it, too. Now I just need to pull some fabrics for my bee-mates and get cracking!

Space Dust quilt - Stay tuned tomorrow for a review of the pattern as well as for my finished quilt top. I still need to baste, quilt, and bind it, but I'm having a hard time deciding on a backing at the moment, so I'm a bit stuck there.

Space Dust - coming right along!

See all that indecision??? I must be having an indecisive kind of week. Looking for more inspiration? Pop on over to Lee's WiP Wednesday linky to see lots of other sewists and quilters and their current projects. Surely they're being more decisive than me ;)

14 comments:

  1. Love the spool blocks and look forward to seeing the finished Space Dust Quilt top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spool blocks are fantastic - love the woodgrain for the ends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the spool blocks. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sea of Stars is lovely and I think the spool blocks (while usually not my favorite) are great. I think it's the woodgrain fabric you used for the ends that sent me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the spool pillow. I'd like one for the chair in my sewing room. While I bet your partner will love it, I thing it's great that you're really taking the time to make sure it's her taste. I've been involved in a swap where my partner sent me something that showed she didn't even look at what I like. Oh well! But everyone has to love some spools!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh. Space Dust is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! Love the spacedust, and your Liberty quilt will be fabulous! I think your partner would be crazy not to like the spools, they rock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute projects. Love them all, especially the spools.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all your projects. Your striped spools are cute. Are you sure your partner wouldn't like them after all? I don't see how somebody can not like them.

    The stardust quilt looks amazing so far. It will be a true stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your spool blocks! I think I'm going to pin them for future reference, if that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! I love how your Space Dust quilt is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you change fabrics for Space Dust, or did You have these all along? It looks awesome!

    I don't know if I'll have anything to show for BQF...I don't think I've touched my machine all week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your spool quilt is so cute. Spool blocks are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sew Day was awesome!!!! It was wonderful to meet everyone and I look forward to the next one. Really wish I could go to the Nov but I guess I'll have to wait until January.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat