Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Market 2012

While I am super bummed that I wasn't able to go to Fall Market in Houston, I was really excited to have some quilts of mine representing for me :) I was lucky enough to work with Westminster/Free Spirit Fabrics on a few quilt designs for their free patterns site, and also made up one quilt for a booth.

The quilt that I actually made for Market was for Ty Pennington's latest Impressions line, called Tribal Impressions. The design is actually based on a tribal tattoo that I saw and sketched a while back, and I think it works really well with Ty's fabrics, which often feel a bit tribal to me. The block is made up of forty half-square triangles. Seriously. I had some quality trimming time on my hands with this quilt ;) Working on this quilt led to a couple of really long nights, trying to finish it up and get it in the mail before leaving for Sewing Summit, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

IMG_1018rt

It was so wild to see photos popping up on Twitter of Ty Pennington and various quilt shop owners and bloggers in front of my quilt in his booth. Totally made me feel super proud. :) Thanks so much, Kim, for taking a great picture of the quilt in the booth for me!

photo by Kim of My Go-Go Life

I also wrote patterns for Felicity Miller's new Charleston Farmhouse line and Denyse Schmidt's upcoming Shelburne Falls collection, both of which are really lovely. I'm especially excited about Shelburne Falls, I love the color palette. The Charleston Farmhouse quilt did get made up for Market by someone else (thank you!!), and was really stunning. You can find the Charleston Farmhouse pattern right here and the Shelburne Falls has not yet been released. I'll update this post once it's out!

Charleston Farmhouse quilt design by yours truly

Felicity Miller booth at Fall Market 2012
photo by Brenda of Pink Castle Fabrics


shelburne7
Shelburne Falls quilt design by yours truly

My Simply Squared quilt also hung at Market, in the Interweave booth, along with a large posterboard of Quilt Scene magazine. I'm excited to get this quilt home again soon, I'm planning to give it as a holiday gift to someone who will really appreciate it.

Interweave's booth

Have a great day!

19 comments:

  1. Uhhhh... The tribal quilt looks like a must-do project for me. It turned out really well. And the fabrics are perfect for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, you're like a Quilt Market rock star! Congrats! :) That Shelburne Falls line looks really nice. The quilt you designed looks great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely represented at Market. Congrats on the patterns I especially love the tribal one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really awesome, Elizabeth! I love all of them, but the tribal quilt is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats - how cool for you, and what beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's wonderful! I picked up a copy of quilt scene magazine after you blogged about ibeing on the cover recently, it's a great publication.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great projects! I'm always so impressed with your productivity, and the number of designs you can come up with in crunch time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are all amazing but the top one! holy hell elizabeth! it is out of this world! you have a gift! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Elizabeth! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of happy happening here - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on having your quilts represented at quilt market! I know you are very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go! That's awesome that your quilts are making the rounds. They are so fun and colorful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you make a pattern for the quilt you made with the Tribal fabrics?? It's exactly what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, love the Tribal Impressions quilt! Congrats - and any chance it becoming a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your name on my Houston Quilt Festival's list, but the baby was getting fussy when I was wandering through the exhibit...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth, I was wondering if you knew when the Shelbourne Falls and Charleston Farmhouse patterns would be released? I can't find them on Free Spirit's website.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat