Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sewing Summit 2012

These past several days have been a complete whirlwind, but the best kind of whirlwind! It is so good to be home, though :)

Salt Lake City and Sewing Summit were so wonderful and fun and amazing! I seriously cannot even think of enough superlatives to describe how great this trip was. From the fantastic people to great classes to delicious food, it was definitely a trip I'll remember for a long time to come.

I'm so happy to tell you that the classes Lee and I taught went really well! It was great to get to work one-on-one with so many students and share tips and tricks, and to see them plugging along at their blocks. I definitely enjoyed teaching, and hope to have more opportunities to do that soon.

fppclass2
L-R: Lee sharing samples; our samples on display; me and Lee after our first class; students hard at work; more students hard at work

I really enjoyed so many classes, especially Kelly's metal frame pouch class, in part because Kelly is so darned fun in real life, and because I managed to make an entire pouch. I ran into Kelly at the Dallas airport, connecting to Salt Lake on the same flight, and she is just so full of personality. It was also super fun getting to hang with the fantastic girls of the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild. What an amazing group! They threw a super fun mixer on Friday night, replete with string after string of bunting, weaved through the ceiling grid at the bar we partied in. Definitely a sight to behold!

classesandsuch
L-R: Joel Dewberry speaking at lunch; hard at work in the sewing room; me with the SLMQG girls Kara, Amy, Marci, and Sarah; Amber sharing her creative journey; bunting explosion!

No surprise, but the swag and swaps and shopping were sensational! I can't believe I managed to fit everything in my suitcase, with two pounds to spare before the 50 pound limit :) I was able to visit a few quilt shops with the Salt Lake locals, and found several wonderful new fabrics, including some great purples for me to put to use in my 4x5 hive. It's going to take me a while to find new homes for all of my goodies!

itallfitinmysuitcase
L-R: nametags; new reading material; Great Granny Says Boo block for Cindy; charm packs and a mini from the SLMQG mixer; new Moo cards; my metal frame pouch made in Kelly's class; stacks of fabric from shopping and swapping

This year, I managed to spend some time in the sewing room, which was a lot of fun. I worked on a bee block for Cindy, a great granny Halloween block, as well as some more EPP star flowers, but I didn't spend as much time as I'd like to down there.

travelling
L-R: Teaching the TSA what Travel Handmade means; the view from over Salt Lake City, getting my caffeine on at the airport

It's great to be home, and to get back in the swing of things, and to be with my family. The first thing my son wanted to do when I got home from the airport was play with some pieces on my design wall, while dressed up in his Robin costume, of course. It put a big smile on my face, for sure. I can't wait to get started on a new quilt for this little guy. Happy Tuesday to you all!


13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time. So glad your class was a success. Isn't that Lee a sweetie? I've met her, so now I need to meet you too! Maybe you can come visit us at our newly-organized Central Florida MQG. Your purchases look like lots of fun. Have a good time being a mom and sewing at home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the security line-up of Weekender Bags and such! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend. My favorite part is Robin the Boy Wonder designing a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sharing of SS! It was nice to be able to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing weekend! I was living vicariously through you all on Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful time - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you all had a fun time! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you had such a great time! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your recap! I'm so glad you ladies had so much fun this year! Sad that I missed it! :) Are you going to QuiltCon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the recap - you must be thinking a million thoughts an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My block!! It looks so cool. Glad you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh look at that Casa Crafty bag on the TSA conveyor belt! You must have been near Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had fun, was nice to briefly meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat