Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WiP Wednesday #49

First, I owe you guys a winner...so drumroll please...the winner of a $25 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop is...lucky #9!!

Congratulations, Cara of Me a Mom?  Yay, Cara!!  I'll shoot you an email with your winning details.

Now let's get to our regular Wednesday business, shall we?  So, Lee's not counting anymore...but I totally am - at least until we get to WiP Wednesday #52, the anniversary of the first WiP Wednesday, which is quickly creeping up!!  It's been a crazy week at my house, but I managed to find a new level of focus these last few days thanks to some good news and a visit from my mother.  I've been checking a lot of stuff of my mental to sew list, so here's the run-down...

Finished:
October bee blocks


String Me Along October blocks 
DSCN7540
do.Good Stitches October blocks for the Bliss circle

My first pattern!!!  To be on sale and revealed on Friday, but here's a sneak peek...

Sneak peek


Still going:
X and O baby boy quilt - All 8 of my O's done, need to tackle the X's next...

X and O quilt - need some X's!


The Little Apples baby boy quilt - I still haven't decided what kind of blocks I'm going to make for this quilt, but I really like looking at the fabrics when I work in my sewing room.  You just can't help but smile at Aneela's darling fabrics.

Still on hold:
Farmer's Wife QAL - Yep, still busy enough for this wip to keep collecting dust.

New:
Red and white zig-zag quilt - I got a new custom quilt order, for a classic red and white zig-zag quilt last week.  My UPS man lugged a lovely bolt of Kona Snow up to my door yesterday, along with some Kona Crimson, so I'm going to hopefully get rolling on this one real soon.

WiP Wednesday #49 recap
Finished this week: 2
New this week: 1
This week's total: 4

What are you working on this week?  Write it up and share it over at Freshly Pieced!

28 comments:

  1. Oh, this is exciting! Everything looks lovely as usual, but I really, really like those christmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of your bee blocks! Glad you had some good news and a visit from your Mom. Mom's make everything better don't they!? can't wait to see your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh - can't wait to see some sneak peeks of the red and white quilt. Love your bee blocks...you're so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sneak peak looks lovely, can't wait to see your pattern! The x and o quilt is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love me some Kona cotton solids, can't wait to see what the new pattern looks like! (Not that it is all solids or Kona, LOL!)
    Christmas presents is awfully fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what your pattern looks like! And a custom quilt, always nice. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the x&o quilt is great, I love those colors together. And your little presents are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those O blocks are looking really nice!! Can't wait to see your pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love where your X and O quilt is headed! Those colors are swoon-worthy! Great bee blocks, and I can't wait to see your quilt pattern, the sneak peek looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am loving the x and o quilt. can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Cara! Loving the fabrics you chose for your x's and o's quilt. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH!!! I can't believe I won! This is so exciting. Thanks for making my day!!! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh the zig zag quilt sounds like amazing! Can't wait to see your pattern

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEa!! I can't wait to see your pattern!! COOL! The XO quilt is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see your pattern! Love that X's and O's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, I love a good red and white quilt! Excited to see your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. elizabeth! i love everything! i am excited to see your pattern on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bee blocks and congratulations on the custom order!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bee blocks look fabulous! And I cannot wait to see the pattern. The sneak peek is lovely! Isn't it amazing how much your productivity increases when moms are around? Glad you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great work! So much fun! Your X and O quilt is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute cute cute bee blocks! And I can't wait to see the pattern. Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh those Christmas gift blocks are adorable...as usual...lovely work. Cant's wait to see your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO looking forward to your pattern - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking forward to your pattern. The sneak peek looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love, love, love that strippy bee block...some of my favorite colors. I am so OCD...need a pattern...but I do want to jump out there and try something different.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A pattern? Very cool. Love your gold & gray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat