Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WiP Wednesday #48

Wednesday again already?  Where does the time go?  From taking the munchkin to his first football game and becoming a new Moda Bake Shop chef, I'd have to say it was a good week.  I finished up a few different things, and I also managed to start a few new projects, too.  I've even got a new tutorial that will go up on Friday for you all, so make sure to check back!

Finished:
Moda Bake Shop Bella Crossing quilt/pattern
MBS - Bella Crossing quilt front

Pillow Talk Swap
PTS 6 - Finished pillow front!

Birdie Stitches catch-up

12 Gifts of Christmas tute - Jennifer was kind enough to invite me to write a tute for the 12 Gifts of Christmas blog hop, so check back on Friday to see mine!  It will be worth your while :)  Here's a sneak peek to tide you over...

DSCN7460


Still going:
My first pattern - I'm thisclose to being done with this one, so stay tuned for a finish and a pattern real soon!!

FWQAL - I know, I'm seriously behind here, and eventually I'm going to catch up...maybe this week?  :)

New:
October bee blocks - I've got bee blocks to make for String Me Alongdo.Good.Stitches, and {Sew} Beautiful.  Time to get caught up this week!

Bee blocks for October

Baby quilts - I'm getting started on two new baby quilts, which I'm going to attempt to blog every step of the way.  I've got some gorgeous fabrics picked out, all I need to do is decide on the design/block to use!  Trust me, there's no shortage of ideas floating around my head...


WiP Wednesday #48 Recap:
Finished: 4
New: 2
This week's total: 4

I'm linking up today, as usual, to the WiP Wednesday linky at Freshly Pieced.  What are you working on this week?  Write it up and share it over at Freshly Pieced and make sure to share your fellow WiP listers, too!  Have a great day!

23 comments:

  1. Everything looks great, Elizabeth! Can't wait to see more! I love seeing your sketches. I'm always too impatient and just start hacking away at fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Bake Shop quilt. Surely that counts as 2 finishes (quilt and pattern!) I'm sure it would take me twice as long to write the pattern as to make the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - busy, busy - love your moda quilt and your pillow - looking fwd to seeing the baby quilts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks amazing!! I can't wait for your tutorial on Friday!! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always have the most goodies in progress! wish i could be so productive. well, productive in sewing anyway!

    everything looks great. and i love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your Bella quilt. I think at some point it's going on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always amazed by the amount of projects you have going! Can't wait to see your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so much going on - all lovely! Congrats again on the Bake Shop feature. Looking forward to seeing what you do for those baby quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I can't wait to see your project on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I like the sneak peek! I'll be back to check it out later on this week...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you got a lot going on! It all looks great. Congrats on your Moda Bake Shop pattern. Can't wait for your tutorial and your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have way to much going on! Hopefully there is a break for you soon :) I can't wait to see the bag pattern you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fabric you used for your pillow. :) Your baby quilt sketches are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of wonderful finishes and fun projects ahead. Looking good, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those Birdie Stitches blocks look fabulous!! I need to get caught up on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a seriously productive week there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been productive.....very nice quilt; I love it.

    And that pillow is to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the little peek into your sketch book! Can't wait to see what you have in store for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, so many projects. They all look fabulous! Can't wait till Friday to see what you came up with for 12 gifts of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks great! Your sneak peek looks so fun, I'll certainly be back to check it out :-) I think I love each and every one of your baby quilt ideas, no matter which you choose it will be fabulous, as usual! Can't wait to see your quilt pattern, so so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on becoming a bake shop chef!

    ReplyDelete
  22. can't wait for friday! your tute tease looks very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woohoo, congrats on your MBS pattern - it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat