Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WiP Wednesday #47

This is going to be a big-time snooze-fest of an update...with being away for Sewing Summit and trying to get back to real life, I haven't done a ton of sewing.  Shocker, right???  I've done a small amount of stitching since I got back, but mostly I've been working on either finding new homes for all of the stuff I brought home or working on finishing my pattern quilt (which I'm real close to finishing!).  So, here's what's in the works, though absolutely nothing is finished...

In progress:
My first pattern - Making slow but steady progress here - just three more blocks to make, and then the top will be complete.  Can't wait to share this with you!!

Pillow Talk Swap - I'm taking some things I learned both from Jess and from Amanda at the Sewing Summit on this projet, and kind of letting the fabric lead me.  I've added a freehand curve here that came out really well and I'm real happy with how it's coming along so far, but I've got a ways to go yet.  I wonder what my partner will think of this...

DSCN7284

Catching up on Birdie Stitches - I did manage to embroider a block and a half on the trip to and from SLC, but I didn't quite get through all three blocks that I'm behind just yet, so I've got my work cut out for me here!

DSCN7273

DSCN7276

Farmer's Wife QAL - I looked at my Farmer's Wife bin yesterday and thought about doing a block, but I just wasn't in the right headspace for it.  I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things and do a few to catch up real soon...

I'm pretty sure I've got new projects to add to my list, but I'm feeling awfully scatterbrained at the moment, so I'm sticking with these three puny projects for the time-being.  Stay tuned on Saturday for a big quilty reveal (yippee!) and I've got plans to do a super fun Sewing Summit goody giveaway some time next week, so good things are coming, I swear!!   I'm hoping to start blogging my way, from start to finish, through the process of a new baby quilt I need to start real soon, too, so I've got grand plans, if not much progress, this week!

Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to share your progress this week, and to tell her how excited you are for her to start shopping her fabric line, Kaleidoscope Lane, to the big manufacturers.  Wish her luck!!

22 comments:

  1. Love your Birdie blocks and your improv blocks - love the colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im probably not your partner but I LOVE those improv blocks! The color combination and shapes of your pieces are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious how much actual sewing got done at the sewing summit! Love those birdie blocks and I love the colors you've chosen for your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am loving the pink with the aqua. so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birdie blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That birdie looks so cute! Can't wait to see your quilt pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love those little birdies! I'm in my first hoop swap and am hoping for some birdies. Love the improv, too - maybe I'll be brave enough to try it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and I can't WAIT to see your pattern! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that improv pillow progress is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I for one, am awake. It was not a snooze fest!
    Your improv block looks so cool! Great fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good Elizabeth- I haven't done any sewing at all- organizing took priority and blogging about the SS took me forever! :) So much to recall and recap- I know I left out things - so much fun in such a short amount of time. Loved meeting you and wish we'd had a chance to chat more. Good thing there is always next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, your Pillow Talk swap start is looking great. Good job going outside of your comfort zone - the curves look great! Your birdy stitches in the hoop is making me DETERMINED to start embroidering. You know, in all my spare time. : )

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving that pillow! can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome fabric choices on that pillow! I'm loving the colors and prints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is beautiful as usual Elizabeth! Can't wait until your reveal on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have all sorts of mysteries up your sleeve! I'm loving your PTS progress! Cool fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's not a tiny list at all! I am glad you had fun on the trip. The birds are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pillow top swap and your birdies are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I"m loving the improv blocks! It's so great that we were all so inspired by those classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your birdie blocks look great. Don't worry I am way behind myself, but I take heart in knowing that as long as I have them all done by the end of the last month I should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your progress on the Pillow Talk Swap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat