Friday, October 7, 2011

Leaving...on a jet plane...for The Sewing Summit!!!

By the time you're reading this, I'm sitting at the airport, waiting for my plane to start boarding, and I have to tell you...I'm nervous!!!!  Fully in disbelief!  And excited!  And nervous :)  I cannot believe that after this last year of getting so many wonderful quilty bloggers that I am actually going to be face-to-face with so many of them, all at once.  It's kind of mind-boggling.  I don't think I'll really believe it until I get home and rehash it all.  I'm sure it's going to a be a whirlwind weekend, but if you follow me on Twitter, I will try to post a few updates here and there.



I haven't flown on an airplane by myself since I became a mom - in my pre-mom days, I traveled a lot for my work, but I never had such lovely luggage to carry my things in!  I have always loved to travel, so I've been looking forward to this weekend in SLC for a while now.  So much to be excited about!  Bloggy friends, kid-free fun, fabric shopping galore, my adrenaline is seriously pumping.

DSCN7086


I've got 20 assorted fat quarters for the big fat quarter swap on Saturday night - I'm hoping to find some reds and oranges to make up for my serious lack of warm colors in my stash!!  I've also got some extra fat quarters to pay for rides from the fabulous SLC locals.



My bags are chock full of stuff - from fat quarters to trade to pouches for dear friends to business cards for swapping to my embroidery pouch and my homemade nametag.



I went back and forth about whether or not I would bring my laptop, because its ability to run on battery alone is, in a word, disappointing, and ultimately, I decided to leave it at home.  It will be seriously weird to be away from it for the weekend, but I suspect I'll be so busy, I won't even think about it.  I will definitely blog about all of the Sewing Summit fun next week, don't worry!

Thank you again to my dear husband, who's going to be Mr. Mom for the weekend.  The munchkin was shockingly unfazed by the news of my travelling at first, though there were tears when we said our goodbyes.  I think he's going to have a great time with his dad all weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and if you're headed to the Sewing Summit, I can't wait to meet you!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. Can I hide in one of your bags? Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I hope you have a great time...and I LOVE your bag. =) It looks like you fit a boatload in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for all of you. Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time!! I can't wait to hear about all the fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing time - I`m green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time! I really wish I could come too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time - I'm already impatiently waiting for the post-summit posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat