Monday, October 17, 2011

Pillow Talk {Swap} Round 6 - Sent!!

I adore the Pillow Talk {Swap}, it's actually the first swap that I ever joined on Flickr three rounds ago.  It's always so much fun to see the wonderful things that people come up with in this group.  It is a phenomenal group!!  I was really excited when I got my partner this round.  I've favorited a lot of her work in my time on Flickr, so I was both excited and nervous at the same time.  Could I make something she would like?  Could I figure out her taste and get it right?  I'm hoping I've done all of that, because I just finished up her pillow and I'm off to the post office with it today.

Partner, what do you think of this?

While at the Sewing Summit, I felt really inspired after Jess showed us how to do improv curves.  Curves and I are pretty tight, after all the curves in the Single Girl, but I'd never actually tried an improv curve.  Once I nailed one of them, I kind of couldn't stop.  I just kept cutting from my stack of fabrics that I pulled and adding them together organically.  I started with a few fussy cut pieces, inspired by Amanda's love for all things fussy cut, and just went to town on this one.

PTS 6 - Finished pillow front!


I even got courageous enough to add a zipper to this pillow, rather than my usual envelope closure.  I love that zippers don't scare me anymore.  After all the fun zippy pouches I made for the Sewing Summit, I think I can officially call my zipper fear conquered.  I love the clean look a zipper adds to a pillow, maybe I'll even try an invisible zipper on the next one.

PTS 6 - back

So, partner, I hope this pillow floats your boat, I'm really kind of proud of it in a geeky way, and I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.  I'm linking up over at {Sew} Modern Monday today - hop on over there to check out other modern finishes!

19 comments:

  1. Its great! I love the fussy cut "flour" bit and the little tea cups, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this pillow, Elizabeth! Love your improv piecing and the fabric palette you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! i am really loving your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, E! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent pillow, Elizabeth! I love that flour fabric and the color palette you used. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job woman! I'm kind of hoping I'm your partner. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh love those improv curves! I can't imagine your partner doing anything less than loving this pillow to pieces, I know I would!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off to check out if you have ever favourited any of my stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for me! So I'll keep my fingers crossed to find it in the mail:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely - the fussy cutting and colours really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really really love this! Pretty please be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, love it! And Flickr swaps are slightly addicting, be warned ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fabrics in your pillow - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It floats my boat but I`m not in the swap! Love the colours in this one and the gorgeous designs of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've got one lucky partner! Love the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet pillow, wish I were your partner! I'd love to join a swap but with work, I just don't have time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you my swap partner? Could be! :) This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat