Monday, January 31, 2011

Two finishes for the price of one

Ta da!  My Sliced Coins twin quilts are officially complete!


I'm so excited to share these quilts with you.  Why am I excited?  Other than the obvious super fun sensation of finishing off a new quilt, there's several reasons...

1. These quilts are going to my newest cousins, Kayla and Tristan, who were born in December (so I'm a bit behind!).
2. My first quilt finish for 2011 is a two-fer!
3. I'm actually checking something off my list of lofty quilty goals for this year.
4. I really loved working on these quilts.  These fabrics are so fun to play with; just seeing them every day made me smile.



Don't ask me to pick a favorite, it's just not possible.   I really love both of these quilts.  It was a lot of fun to get to play with lots of pink fabrics in Kayla's quilt for once, but I also really love all of the gorgeous blues in Tristan's quilt.  My son really covets that quilt; fortunately, there's a new quilt in the works for him, so I don't think he'll be too upset to see me ship this one off.

I had so much fun making these quilts that I am seriously considering making one more, so I can have something around my house to remind me of this super fun quilt-along.  And I definitely need to get my hands on more of Laurie Wisbrun's fabrics, they're just so much fun!

Quilt Stats
Size: approx. 54" x 57"
Pattern: Sliced Coins Quilt by me
Fabrics: Laurie Wisbrun's Urban Circus, Ann Kelle's Remix, Alexander Henry's 2D Zoo, Joel Dewberry;s Aviary and various Kona solids

I'm linking up this week with a few different things...{Sew} Modern Monday and Gen X Quilters' Love Nest quilt show.

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge CreationsGen X Quilters

17 comments:

  1. AllI can say is...............Wow they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the crisp lines and clear colours of these quilts...beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous:) I love the clean lines and the fabrics are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! They are both so fun and polished looking. I laid my sliced coins out over the weekend for placement and hope to start sewing later in the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are both great, but i must say that i am really taken with the pink one. so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why you can't choose! I love them both! Really, really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! How did you quilt them? I can't tell from the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are great! perfect for a baby boy and girl, love love love that 2D zoo I spy in Tristan's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both!! I don't thing I can pick a favorite either...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These turned out amazingly cute, I love them to pieces! I really like the solid binding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky cousins! These quilts are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both lovely! Lucky, lucky cousins <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! These look great! And I love the sunshine, can some of my quilts come visit for a photo shoot? :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those quilts are really fab! I love the blue one particularly - not least because I have a lot of the same fabrics in the boys quilt I'm working on at the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those quilts Elizabeth...it will behard to part with them since they're your first quilt-along quilts! Beautiful!

    thanks for entering them in the Love Nest Quilt Contest and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these! Thanks for sharing the instructions in the quilt along. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat