Wednesday, December 8, 2010

WiP Wednesday #5

Wow, the holidays are really almost here, aren't they?  We're well into December now, and in my house, December becomes a whirlwind.  My birthday is the 19th, my husband's is the 24th, then Christmas the day after - when we started trying to have a baby, we both made a pact to do whatever we could to make sure we didn't have a baby in December. It's just too crazy already!

I've been pretty productive this week.  Now that the turkey hangover is over and there's Christmas music and lights everywhere, I've been working pretty hard to get the rest of my holiday gifts completed.  Time for a project round-up to see how I'm coming along!

Finished!
French Provence quilt
Christmas shirts for the munchkin
Kermit the Frog shirt
Super Why cape
Checkbook wallet: Save for sewing the button closure on, this is done.  I think I might wait and sew that one after I give it to my mother for Christmas, so I can fit her checkbook and register into it before I sew the button on.  I suppose I could just move it, if need be, we'll see.

Making progress:
Urban Lattice quilt along: I am fully in love with this quilt.  So gorgeous.  I've just started quilting it, and I'm going for an outline/echo style of straight-line quilting to emphasize the cool, geometric style of this quilt.  I'm hoping to get this one wrapped up before next week's update.  It's coming along, albeit slowly.  I'm cursing the small throat size of my sewing machine every few minutes or so while quilting this bad boy.


That Girl quilt along: Ta da, she's all quilted!  Just need to bind it.  I plan to do a marathon binding session this weekend, a nice whole season of Project Runway to watch, and hopefully finish this one along with the Urban Lattice quilt.  You might have to be patient with me, though - this quilt is a birthday gift to me, so I might just wait until my birthday to unveil it!


New projects:
Robot pillow for my munchkin - I was inspired by an adorable monster pillow tutorial I saw on Moda Bake Shop to make a cute robot pillow for my son for Christmas.  This should be a lot of fun to work on, although I am sketching out the robot myself, and I'm awful critical of my drawing abilities, so hopefully I can get beyond the robot sketching soon!
Dresden plate holiday pillow: I haven't gotten my Pillow Talk {Swap} pillow yet (though I've got a good guess as to which one might be mine...or maybe it's just wishful thinking!), and I'm itching to have a cute pillow on my couches, so I've decided to make myself my first Dresden plate, for a pillow.  So far, it's been a fun distraction from my quilts!


New pillowcase for my munchkin: I want to make another pillowcase for the munchkin, to match his quilt, but I'm going to do an envelope closure rather than a traditional pillowcase.
Mug rug for my mother: I decided to make one more thing for my mother for Christmas, a mug rug.  It's going to be a challenge, because she's not a huge fan of quilts, but I'm hoping if I pick some really great fabrics from my stash and a super simple geometric pattern that I can win her over.  I've got a cute little charm pack of Moda's Breakfast at Tiffany's that I think would look really cute for her.

Weekly Wrap-up
Last week's total: 7
Finished: 5
New projects: 4
This week's total: 6

Curious what everyone else is working on?  Go check out the linky at Freshly Pieced every Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you had an awesome week!! It looks like you got enough done for both of us, so I don't have to feel so bad about not being productive! Haha just kidding. I'm excited to see how your Dresden pillow turns out. I love Dresden plates, and your things always turn out gorgeous! Congrats on all of your progress, everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are getting a ton of sewing done! Looks great. I love your quilting on your That Girl Quilt....can't wait to see the finished project!

    Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow woman! You are rocking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear God! As AnneMarie said, you are rocking it! Do you sleep? : )

    The Dresden looks like it will be so pretty. You'll have to let me know how the piecing goes, I've never tried one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I'm loving the quilts already and I haven't even seen the fronts yet LOL!

    Jennifer :)

    PS my daughter's bday is on the 13th so I know what you mean about December birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress! LOVE your fabrics for the Dresden Holiday Pillow. Festive but not in-your-face Christmasy.

    I've got a December baby (11th) - I don't recommend it if it can be helped. It's not dire (though other family birthdays are in September and October), but it's not what I'd call "convenient" either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jumping in this blog hop. Those are some great quilting stitches... that's the part I need to get to... I'm a very good quilt piece-r. I think more than anything I'll ruin it in the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual your projects and progress have amazed me!! How do you get it all done? I love the dresden plate pillow. One day I would like to make a whole quilt, but a pillow seems a little more reasonable for me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the binding!! My DH's birthday is the 27th. Mine is in January, so I know what you mean. But then our 2 kids have birthdays 3 weeks apart in the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! You have been jamming on your projects! Nice job! Can't wait to see the reveals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat