Sunday, December 5, 2010

The mystery birthday gift revealed!

Remember the mystery birthday gift that's been on my project list for a bit?  Well, her birthday has finally come so I can share with you...  What did I finally make my dear friend for her birthday?

A purse!  She and I have both said that if we had the creativity, we'd love to design purses for a living, so I thought a purse would make a great gift for her.


I used the Phoebe bag pattern from Artsy Crafty Babe, and just like the Poppy Pleated Tote I made before it, it was a breeze to make.   In fact, I will definitely be making another one of these with some Anna Maria Horner fabrics that have been waiting in my stash for a good project.

I like this pattern because it calls for a snap closure.  Since sewing zippers frightens me, a snap closure is ideal for my skills.  I think this purse came together really nicely and was a great gift for a very good friend.  I hope she puts it to good use :)

8 comments:

  1. What a fun purse and just the right size. I think I need to add a purse to my to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cute and such fun fabrics! Now I want to make a new bag. =) It's been a couple months since I've sewn one up...but I don't have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I have made a couple from that pattern and agree, it is a fun and easy project! I even made one for my daughter out of Oakland Raiders fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the size of this purse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bag style and great chocie of fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat