Saturday, December 11, 2010

Baltimore Windows table runner

My father-in-law's best friend, Ric, has been a big part of my husband's life, and he has the honorary title of uncle within the family.  He's a perennial bachelor, and has recently moved to Florida, after spending his entire life in the Baltimore/DC area.  When I first saw the Clermont Farms fabric collection from Moda, my first through was of Baltimore and Ric.  I still can't quite articulate how it makes me think of Baltimore, but it just does.


This pattern, City Windows, comes from Moda Bake Shop, and uses just a charm pack and 1/2 yard of another fabric for sashing and binding - talk about a breeze to put together!  I will definitely make this pattern again.  If you look at the pattern, though, you'll see that mine is slightly different, and that was entirely by accident.  I was apparently on a serious caffeine high when I added the sashing to the top, as I put it in the wrong place.  I think it works, the way it is, but I would definitely like to try this pattern again and do it the right way.  I've got several charm packs in my stash, so I'm sure I'll try it again.



I outline quilted this runner, and I really love the effect it gave on the back, which is just the remaining charm squares sewn together.  I'm really digging outline quilting, I just wish it came to me as easily as the meandering stipple.  It takes a lot more concentration and tends to lead to a boatload more frustration, at least on bigger things like quilts.  


4 comments:

  1. I love this! And in my current fav. fabric Clermont Farms! Thanks posting this! I will have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the head's up about the Bake Shop pattern.......I'm checking it out! Cute tablerunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love those colors too. This would be a great pattern for a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! and it looks amazing on the table too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat