Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A super festive WiP Wednesday #4

Before I get to my works in progress....have you ever visited Stash Manicure?  If you haven't, you really ought to.  It's a great site for either salivating over the insane stashes that other blogging quilters and sewists have or seeing how other super creative people use scraps up in unique ways.  Have you seen the Quilt Cave?  Truly a jaw-dropping stash :)

Another super fun thing about Stash Manicure is their new monthly banner contest.  Every month, Madame Samm has a contest to fill up the themed Stash Manicure banner with various works of quilty goodness.  I happened to send in some snaps of my Christmas of Whirlygiggles quilt and one of them actually got picked for the banner!  Woo hoo!!  (That's me in the bottom right!)


Isn't it a gorgeous banner?  So festive :)  Makes me want to start singing Christmas carols.

And now, I get to put this lovely badge on my blog, which is about as far as I'm going to go in decorating my blog for the holidays!



If you're interested in submitting some of your own quilty goodies, Madame Samm is accepting entries for the January banner at the moment and she's looking for blue quilts.  Got one?  Send it to her at madamesamm(at)cogeco(dot)ca.  She's also always in the market for guest posters, sharing their scraps!

And now, to my not-so-exciting-by-comparison works in progress list for the week...

Finished:
Nada :(  Thanksgiving brought my sewing to a halt and I've had a hard time getting back in the swing of things, between holiday shopping and decorating, but thankfully I'm about done with both of those projects.

Minimal progress:
Checkbook wallet: I did pick up this project this morning...then I picked up my computer.  I've made the pocket, so far, and I will say the pattern is written beautifully.  Super easy to follow, I definitely recommend it so far.  It's Keykalou's Checkbook Wallet pattern.



Kermit the Frog applique shirt: Finally got my hands on the right fabrics for this one, as close to Kermit's two greens as I'm going to get.  I'm excited about this, because my son is so in love with the Muppets these days.

Super Why cape: My munckin has been in my sewing room a lot, so I've put this up on a shelf and promptly forgot about it until just now.

French Provence quilt: I'm half done with the binding, phew.  I'm hoping to finish this one up real soon!


Urban Lattice quilt along: The paper piecing aspect of this quilt totally intimidated me.  I'm making some serious progress here - stay tuned for a quilt along update on Friday!


That Girl quilt along: I've finished the back for this quilt and am getting ready to baste.  Stay tuned for a quilt along update on Friday!

New projects/waiting in the wings:
Christmas shirts for my munchkin: Last year, he had a shirt from Old Navy that said something about Santa being his homeboy.  Loved it!  But this year, I want to try to make him something myself.  Maybe a Christmas tree, maybe a Grinch, I'm not sure yet.

And...drumroll, please...I might be crazy, but I am officially starting a bee for 2011.   I'm really excited about this.  It's called the {Sew} Beautiful Bee, and will last the entire year.  Stay tuned for more information.

Weekly Wrap-up
Last week's total: 6
Finished: 0
New projects: 1
This week's total works in progress: 7

11 comments:

  1. I love the colors you are using in your urban lattice quilt!So crisp and clean. It's going to be fabulous!
    Can't wait to see Kermie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the photo from your French Provence Quilt. Can't wait to see that finished. The block for the Urban Lattice Quilt is super cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being on the banner! :)

    I just started a bee that will start in January too: A Twist on Tradition.

    Urban Lattice = Gorgeous. I've seen this quilt along in different places and have a question: Do you think the paper piecing is necessary? Could you do it without?

    Ugh. I just realized I was signed in as my husband. :)
    -Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - the urban lattice quilt looks amazing with your color choices. I'm not brave enough to try paper piecing yet, maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your lattice quilt is coming along! The colors are wonderful!

    Exciting that you are starting a Bee in January. Can't wait for more details!

    Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, you're making me feel SO behind! Your Urban Lattice quilt is just gorgeous! Makes me wish I was using Kona Coal. : )

    Congrats on making the Stash Manicure banner! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the banner! I think you've inspired me to try a little whirrlygiggles with my 12 days of xmas layer cake....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think your urban Lattice quilt is LOVELY ... the colors you choose are fabulous! Happy WIP wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stuff, and congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on making the banner! I'm not surprised your Whirlygiggles quilt is so, so cute! I love how your Urban Lattice is turning out. I don't think I am going to be able to start until after Christmas, but I definitely think I am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being on the banner! Beautiful quilt, putting it on my list of patterns to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat