Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WiP Wednesday #7

Well, there's not a whole heck of a lot of progress going on over here.  I'm still getting used to Betsy 2.0, so it's kind of slow going over here.

But I'm not without grand plans!  It was definitely a quilty kind of Christmas at my house, my husband not only got me an awesome sewing machine, but also some gorgeous new fabric to play with...if only I could stop drooling over all of it!



My mother also gave me a few books for inspiration, so I'm feeling all kinds of prepared for a quilty new year...now I just need some follow-through.

Here's what I've got cooking at the moment...

In progress:
Embroidered robot pillow - Well, the embroidery is done.  I need to iron this one, and sash it with something cute to turn it into a little throw pillow for the munchkin's room.


New non-Christmas pillows for living room - This was the first project I've started on Betsy 2.0.  So far, I'm in the midst of an HST pillow, much like the one I made for Steph for PTS 4.  I still have two more pillow fronts to make for my living room, and I'm thinking about using some gorgeous AMH scraps I have in the style of a coin quilt for one and maybe some straight-up scrappy patchwork for the other one.



Almost in progress:
DS Single Girl king size quilt - I'm auditioning fabrics as we speak.  I've just ordered a few more reds, since I seem to be lacking in that department, so I'm not quite done gathering here.


Twin quilts for new cousins Kayla and Tristan - We've got new cousins, and naturally, they need quilts.  Their nursery is zoo themed, so I dug out some great fabrics for these two.  I'm just waiting on my perfectly matched solids (thank you, Santa, for my Kona color card!) to get started cutting on this one.


Sewing Ninja embroidered pillow for my sewing room - I really enjoyed embroidering the robot whilst my machine was in the shop, so I thought I'd try another embroidery project.  This is going to be a fun one, I can tell.  I can't get over how enjoyable a little embroidery is, especially for someone who really does not like hand stitching.  I think it reminds me of when I was younger, when I used to cross-stitch with my mother.
Bee blocks - I'm awaiting two packages of fabric at the moment, to be turned into bee blocks for two of the bees I'm participating in.  Can't wait to get started!


Finished:
Mug rug for my mother
That Girl..That Quilt along - Blissful Thirties quilt

WiP #7 Recap:
Last week's total: 3
New projects: 4
Finished projects: 2
Total projects: 5

12 comments:

  1. I've been catching up on your blog:

    Welcome Betsy 2.0!!!! How fun!!
    What a great present for your husband!
    Such fun projects coming up!
    Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are going to be busy. That's a lot of piles of fabric. Good luck. I can't wait to see your Single Girl quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I love your emboridery; learning how to embroider is one of my goals for 2011...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing the Single Girl quilt as well. (I have LOTS of red--happy to share--I can send you a picture of a stack if you are interested...)

    I'm going to be doing some embroidery in 2011 as well. And super nice presents that you received!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hug-bot! : ) So cute!

    Enjoy getting to know Betsy 2.0. You've got lots of good fabric to do it with! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like someone was a really good girl this year!:) Have fun playing with your new machine! It looks like you will plenty to keep her busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've got lots of stuff in the works. Get that new machine cranking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything you have planned! I didn't think to ask for a color card for Christmas - geez, what was I thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo. I love the piles of fabric! Yummy! Can't wait to see what Betsy 2.0 can do! And that single girl quilt, love it! Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so... your husband picked out and got you those wonderful fabrics? UHM... wow...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on Betsy 2.0 and all that fabric. You are one lucky lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what beautiful fabric stacks! And I love your HST pillow--it's quite inspirational for a pillow I am planning on making for a friend. So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat