Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ho Ho Holiday Swap

Happy mail day to me - I got my ornament yesterday from my partner in the Ho Ho Holiday Swap!

Check it out, it's a hexy star!  Wow, this is a seriously awesome ornament, I just love it.  Thank you, Jennifer!


I hope she isn't too disappointed with mine, given that it's so...well...not exciting or particularly impressive.  I had a really tough time with this swap.  Apparently, small things are not my forte.  I tried a bunch of different things, like turning some patchwork into a small, softie ornament - fail.  I tried using a cookie cutter as a pattern - fail.  On the left hand side there, that was supposed to be a candy cane.  The fact that it's pretty much unrecognizable speaks for itself.


I turned on some holiday music on my iPod, which led to a modicum of success.  That's how I wound up with these two.



OK, yes, I do see that my stocking is backwards.  But I didn't realize that until I was completely done with it, so I sent it off to Jennifer anyway, along with a much better ornament, along with a note of explanation for a chuckle.  Again, with the need to slow down!

Happy holidays to you all!

4 comments:

  1. I have FOUR stockings in my house, 2 I made, 1 from a kit and 1 store bought. ALL point their toe to the right. I didn't know they were backwards?????

    I think your ornaments turned out just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved them! I actually hung them above my sewing space for inspiration! I even tried a little free motion quilting like the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that hexy ornament is fab! I love it! And I love your ornaments too, especially the tree, it's really cute. We're all our own worst critics. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat