Monday, March 4, 2013

Doll Quilt Swap - Round 13

The thirteenth round of the Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr is wrapping up, with most of the quilts received by most swappers at this point. I was so excited to finally be a part of this swap, as many of my Flickr favorites stem from projects made in this particular group of talented people. Little did I know that I was going to get a super awesome package from a dear bloggy friend of mine, Emily, of Mommy's Naptime. We were in a bee together for the last two years, and have gotten to know each other through the blogosphere, and I find her work awfully inspiring. She's always pushing herself to try new things, which I admire greatly.

In the swap, I made a mini for Marilyn (blogged here) and she sent me a lovely thank you note for her quilt, so I thought I would write a big thank you note to Emily here to thank her for this super unique and thoughtful miniquilt.

IMG_3311

Emily is quite possibly the perfect partner for a swap like this - she took every word I said in my swap questionnaire to heart, she studied my Flickr favorites, and clearly thought long and hard about how to make something that I would like that she would enjoy making as well.

She incorporated so many different elements in this quilt, from my love of pink (and especially Sketch in Lipstick!) to a paper-pieced Florida, which might just be my favorite part.

IMG_3314

There's prairie points and faux piped binding...

IMG_3316

There's loads of low-volume prints...

IMG_3319

And there's one of my all-time favorite prints - MoMo's scissors! - in classic black...

IMG_3312

There is so much I love about this mini that it's almost hard for me to find the right words to describe how much I appreciate it. Thank you, Emily, for running such an amazing swap and for being such an amazing partner. I consider myself pretty darned lucky! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. What a fantastic quilt...love,love the little prairie points on the side:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are so pleased with your quilt - it's just darling. Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mini! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky duck! That is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! You know the cool thing about this quilt? I would've known Emily made it before you said her name. She has a cool style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Хорошенький квилтик!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Emily did such a great job! I love when you can tell that your partner really tried to make something that you would love but didn't lose themselves in doing so...lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) aww! This post makes me all warm and fuzzy! :) You were a fantastic partner and I truly loved making this for you! I hope you'll swap with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is exquisite. I have left a comment on Emily's blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the star is really beautiful. Would be something for my little daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat