Friday, March 22, 2013

A little feather for Friday

I'm working on a few projects I can't share at the moment, which is both exciting and infuriating all at the same time. My To Sew list seems to multiply every time I have these kinds of projects that I can't show on my blog, so yesterday I sat down and decided to sew for fun. I pulled together some of my favorite Anna Maria Horner scraps, and put together a little feather, AMH style, using her feather bed pattern.

A fun feather

I paired the AMH scraps with a nice mostly low-volume print from Art Gallery's new Urban Mod collection, and I think I'm going to turn it into a little zipper pouch. It's a good size for keeping one of my English paper piecing projects in, with room for scissors and all of those other necessary goodies.

I'm off to teach my Beginning Free Motion Quilting class this morning at Inspire Quilting & Sewing this morning. How are you spending your Friday? Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Still at work now, waiting for my students to bring their artwork to class... so I can finally put some grade on the drawings and sketches. In an hour or so I hope to sit behind my sewing machine testing some of my own paper piecing designs of pretty bows!I am so looking forward to that! Something with polkadots and mushrooms coming up, ha ha ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background fabric is too cool. I hope to sew a lot this weekend, my to sew list is growing out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Your feather is very pretty!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This feather is on my always (also without secret projects) multiplying list, too. I spend my friday evening with admiring my swap pillow and dreaming about what I can do with the also received fabric scraps. I think I'll make a spool mini quilt of "Liberty Love". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love that background fabric! I had 2 bees I'm in make me AMH feather blocks but I have yet to piece them, I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your feather is beautiful - love the background fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your feather ~ the back ground fabric is wonderful ~ you do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your feather is wonderful. I surely must test the pattern.
    You have also chosen a beautiful back ground fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat