Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WiP Wednesday #45

I kind of promised myself I wouldn't start any new projects before the Sewing Summit, figuring that I'll get all inspired and want to sew new things when I get home...but I couldn't help myself this week.  I finished a boatload of things on my To Sew list, and it was looking a little barren, so I added a few new things to the mix.

Finished this week:
Weekender bag
Off to the airport we go!

Laptop bag for Sewing Summit


A new laptop case for the trip!

My Sewing Summit nametag!

Sewing Summit nametag - done!

String Me Along bee block


String Me Along September block

{Sew} Beautiful bee block

{Sew} Beautiful block for AnneMarie

do.Good.Stitches bee blocks

do.Good.Stitches September Bliss blocks

Tetris Mug Rug tute

Finished Tetris-inspired mug rug

Other ongoing projects:
Farmer's Wife QAL - Officially 34 blocks finished now...but block #35 requires needle-turn applique, which is not exactly on the top of my To Do list...

FW - 34 blocks in

Sewing Summit swaps - I've got all my plans sketched out for the various zippy pouches I'm putting together for some Sewing Summit pals, and my fabric is in lovely little stacks now.  I'm looking forward to digging into this one this week

Stack o' fabrics for some zippy pouches


100 Quilts for Kids quilt - All quilted, just need to bind it now.

Ryan's Guy quilt - Oh yes, it's still sitting in my sewing room, all folded up nicely, on top of the backing I made, with the binding fabric on top.  As soon as I can get over this newfound bag addiction, I am hoping to wrap this one up.



New this week:
A little baking - I'm cooking up a super yummy solids project, stay tuned for more!

Baking in progress...

Tote bag - After finishing off that Weekender, I felt the itch to make another bag, something less labor-intensive, but still pretty, so I picked up Michelle's awesome Nikki tote pattern and I'm looking forward to having a cute everyday bag to use!

Nikki bag in progress!

WiP Wednesday #45 recap:
Finished this week: 7
New this week: 2
Still going: 4
This week's total: 6

This week, Lee's swamped with fabric design, so we're not linking up our WiP Wednesday posts, but feel free to hop over to Lee's blog anyway to wish her luck.  I know her fabric designs are going to rock and I'm super excited for her!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy and as usual I love the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy girl! Love your Nikki bag and everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've accomplished a lot! The weekender bag is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work, Elizabeth! Wow, you've got a lot on the go! You could always save that needleturn appliqué for the plane ride to the Sewing Summit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been busy! Love the stack for sewing summit swap, very fresh! Wish I could join you....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get over how productive you are every week!! I love your nametag - so cute! And I don't think I saw the laptop bag before, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the sew beautiful bee block. it really is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Miss Productive!!! :) I love the laptop bag! And ALL of the blocks! ANd the tote!! YOu rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work! I love your laptop bag, and the Nikki bag is coming along nicely! What is the fabric you're using for your SS Swaps? It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! 7 finishes - good for you! Good luck with all the zippys - now that you're a bag-master, the zips should be a snap! Love those new solids you're working with! And of course, you know you have one very happy FTLOS partner - another fine accomplishment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOu have been crazy busy! As always your blocks look great and I love the weekender bag... and your new bag is looking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag is so awesome, you'll be smashing! I really admire people who make bags. The string block is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you finished those in a week!? I need to drink more coffee.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Elisabeth! You have done so much and great things! Love your bag and laptop case! Beautiful blocks and fabricks!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work, you have a lot of fun bees!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Conquering the Weekender has clearly turned you into a Bag Warrior Queen - you go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful fabrics being turned into gorgeous objects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Again. Each and every week you accomplish an amazing amount! Cool bee blocks, awesome laptop case. I hope you have the best time at the Sewing Summit. Bummed I won't be there to meet you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat