Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WiP Wednesday #44

First off, I'm sorry I haven't been around much this last week.  Pretty much every day, I intended to hop on Blogger and post a little note about a blogging break, but I never got to it.   Thanks to those of you who sent me worried emails :)  I'm okay, I promise!!

I feel seriously out of the loop!  I haven't been reading blogs, haven't been writing on my blog, haven't been doing much computer related.  That's not entirely true, actually, now that I think about it...I have been writing a lot on my computer, just not on Blogger and not on the Internet.  I've also been practically chained to my sewing machine for the last several days, churning out two quilts that I unfortunately can't tell you much about yet other than that they are done and on time to boot.  Hopefully over the next week I'll get a chance to resurface and work on things I can actually share with you.

One of those finished quilts is the infamous Secret Quilt Project that's been languishing on my list.  The last bits of fabric came in last Wednesday, and I spent the rest of last week and the weekend finishing that one up.  Here's a tiny sneak peek to tide you over on that one until you get to see the rest of it.  I wish I could share more, but I can tell you that I definitely stretched myself with the quilting on this one.

DSCN6298

The other quilt I just finished this afternoon is for another project that I can't really talk about yet either, for fear of jinxing it, so I will leave you with another sneakity peek.  I used Joel Dewberry's new Heirloom, and holy cow, that citrine colorway seriously makes me swoon.

DSCN6381

The last project I finished up this week is another thing I can't share just yet, but you'll be seeing it next week as part of Erin's awesome Mug Rug Madness festivities.  I got to play with some super festive fabrics from Me & My Sister's new holiday collection, Ready Set Snow.  I'm really happy with how my little mug rug turned out, I can't wait to share the rest of it, along with an easy peasy tutorial, with you next week.

DSCN6387

Naturally, I haven't gotten to anything else on my project list for once, so my projects are sitting pretty much where they were last week, but here's a quick rundown of what I've got in the works:

The Guy Quilt - just need to baste, quilt, and bind!
100 Quilts for Kids - just need to baste, quilt and bind!
{Sew} Beautiful block for AnneMarie
String Me Along block for Sharon
do.Good.Stitches blocks
Farmer's Wife Quilt Along
Sewing Summit swaps
Weekender bag


What are you working on this week?  Hop over to Freshly Pieced to see tons of quilty to-do lists and inspiration :)

18 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy and productive! Can't wait to see what you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to email you to make sure things were ok!! But then I thought maybe you were on vacation, which would be super fun, but anyways glad to see you back! Can't wait to see all the secret projects, the sneaky peeks look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait until you can reveal more on those projects! I think I swoon a little when I see any of the Heirloom prints, but that citrine colorway is sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now these were certainly a tease! But, I am glad you are getting things done and will be back to visit later when you do a beautiful reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your finishes! I can't wait to see that Joel Dewberry quilt. What solid did you use? I have the same color way and want to make a Greek Cross Quilt but I'm thinking about using something other than Snow or Gray for once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does sound like you've been busy! I'm sure it was worth keeping quiet over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, can't wait to see the heirloom finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the only way to be productive is to stay away from the blogs. Anxious to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks awesome! I have missed your posts, and I am glad you are okay! :) Can't wait to see all these awesome projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you took a blog break - not sure where you found time to eat and sleep!! I love the sneak peeks and will be waiting patiently for more to be revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh you've been busy can't wait to see what you've been working on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh will be interesting to see the finished items :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are ok! Lots of secrets there....will be fun to see when you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was surprised when your WIP post wasn't up first thing today! I'm loving the snippet of quilting on the first secret quilt. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Heirloom too! Your projects look so yummy! Can't wait to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad all is okay and you have been able to get done what you needed to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat