Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WiP Wednesday #45

Another week gone already?  Wow!  Somehow it never ceases to amaze me how quickly Wednesday comes every week.   Between gearing up for the Sewing Summit next week (eek!!!!) and dealing with a sick kiddo, things have been nonstop busy this week.  Thankfully, the kiddo is back off to school today, fever free, and I'm planning to really start checking things off my list this week, with just over a week to go before I get on an airplane!


Finished:
100 Quilts for Kids

Calming Seas quilt - finished!

Nikki Tote for the Sewing Summit - I went with the purple, thanks for the feedback!

DSCN6864

Baking - Stay tuned for more on this one soon, but here's a sneak peek!

Sneakity peek

Angel package for the For the Love of Solids swap - We unfortunately had to work up two angel packages in the swap, but I just wrapped mine up and Megan's close to finishing hers as well.  I'm sending this lovely tote and zippy pouch out today!


Still going:
Ryan's guy quilt - This bad boy is getting basted tonight so it will be ready to quilt, but Ryan's been sick the last few days, and home from preschool, so there's been lots of snuggling on the couch and not so much sewing, but I will definitely finish this off before I head to the Sewing Summit - which will be the first time in his entire life that he will be without me overnight.  At least he'll be able to have his quilt, hopefully that will help...

Sewing Summit swaps - I am almost finished with these lovely things, but because I want them to be a surprise, I need to keep them under wraps for now...but here's a sneak peek!


Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along - I took this last week off from the quilt-along, but hope to hop back in the saddle...soon-ish...

New:
Pillow Talk swap - I have zero resistance when it comes to this swap.  I love quilted pillows and I adore the amount of talent in this swap, so naturally, when round 6 was announced, I was all for it.  Here's my mosaic, and I'm starting to sketch some ideas for my partner this week, though I suspect I won't start sewing until after the Sewing Summit...

PTS Round 6 Inspiration Mosaic

Pretty Little Pouch swap - I also adore a good cute pouch, so I signed up for another round of the Pretty Little Pouch swap.  I had a lot of fun in the first round of this swap, missed the second round because I was busy at the time, so I'm happy to join in again here.  I've got a fabulous partner, who just happens to be going to the Sewing Summit, and I've pulled some awesome fabrics for her.  I'm looking forward to sketching this one out and getting started soon.  I might even try to finish this one up to hand off in person at the Summit next week, we'll see!

Pretty Little Pouch round 3 mosaic!

My first pattern - Now I've received the fabric from my favorite fabric fairy, I'm officially working on my first real quilt pattern.  I'm working on writing the instructions this week, and hopefully starting to iron and cut the fabrics before I head out for the Sewing Summit next week.  I can't wait to get started on this, I'm really excited about the design, and I can't wait to share it with you all!!!

DSCN6856

WiP Wednesday #45 Recap
Finished: 3
Last week's total: 6
New this week: 3
This week's total: 6

What are you waiting for?  Hop on over to Lee's to link up your progress this week and check out her super gorgeous 4x5 Bee blocks!

30 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely colorful work! Have seen your name around but can't believe I've never visited before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what lovely colorful work! Have seen your name around but can't believe I've never visited before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt for kids! Just adorable. I can also see why it's hard to resist the pillow swap. Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! But really, I feel like I can say that every week about all your accomplishments. Your fabric stack looks very exciting, too! Can't wait to see your new pattern and all the things you come up with for your swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun projects! Love the colors in your fabric stack, and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff, Elizabeth! I love the variety in your work and I'm looking forward to seeing your first quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been busy! I love that tote, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, everything you are working on looks so fun. You are making me miss Swapping, I need to get back into the swap groups!! are those some hexagons being cut for your secret sewing summit swap?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, can't wait to see what your pattern is!

    And drat, I'm not your PLP partner. Your fabrics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEk! You're such a tease with those sneak peeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy, busy, busy!! I have missed so much on your blog in the last week or so, but I WILL be catching up on your archives. Cool stuff, as usual, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all!! I am dying to see what you come up with with those delicious looking solids, yay!! an original Don't Call Me Betsy pattern!! Your mosaics make me want to sew something colorful, like now. Thanks for including my mini amongst all those beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elisabeth! You have done so much even having your boy with fever at home! All your works are so beautiful but now I'm most exited to see what kind of quilt and tutorial you will make with those lovely fabrics!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just signed up for the Goodie Bag swap. Cant resist a fabulous new bag! Congrats on the pattern! Can't wait to see more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Sorry Elisabeth, I meant of course your new pattern and not tutorial!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bowtie quilt, and I personally can't wait to see more of that sneak peak quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeeeek! I can't wait to see all those sneek peeks for real!! Yea!!!

    The bag looks awesome!! Have fun at the summit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh such pretty mosaics! Sounds like you are mega busy as always- would love to be going to the Sewing Summit! Your tote is gorgeous but what a pity that angel packages were needed :-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Nikki tote is adorable! I love your in-progress pictures -- so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you've accomplished a lot this past week. Can't WAIT to see your secret project and your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry R has been sick! Poor guy. I love the pile you have ready for your pattern! You have so many fun things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your angel package too. Great tote!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! Congratulations on all your accomplishments! It's very inspiring to me! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you went with the purple ;)
    Great projects, can't wait to see more of the sneaky peeks! And a pattern??! woo hoo! looking forward to it.
    Lucy
    http://charmaboutyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the snowball quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've been busy. I like your colorful mosaics. Quite stimulating for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like you may be just as addicted to swap as I am. I really wanted to jump in the pillow one - maybe next time. Love your tote bag...can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always enjoy visiting your blog...I love all your projects. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat