Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WiP Wednesday #43

The long holiday weekend was a rainy one in my neck of the woods, but there was still a boatload of family fun in spite of the dreary weather.  I had one big finish over the long weekend, but that's about it in terms of progress for the week...


Finished: 
Warm/Cool Diamonds quilt

Finished warm/cool quilt

Still going:
100 Quilts for Kids quilt - I finished up the top yesterday, but I suspect it's going to be next weekend before I get a chance to finish this one up.

100 Quilts for Kids quilt top

Farmer's Wife QAL - I honestly didn't find the words yesterday to post about my Farmer's Wife progress, in part because I didn't realize it was Tuesday until about dinnertime.  Darn that long holiday weekend!  I've got two more blocks done, and things are moving right along.

This week's new blocks


FW blocks 1-32

The Guy Quilt - I let the munchkin pick out the solid backing fabric to go with a special surprise fabric he hasn't seen, and now that I've finished the math, I'm hoping to find the time to piece the back together this week.

Backing fabrics for the Guy Quilt

Weekender - Wound up with the wrong zipper (eek, an invisible zipper!) last week, but the right one arrived yesterday.   Megan says that she and I are going to finish this bag together, and I'm really going to need her to egg me on here, I'm starting to lose my motivation to finish this one!

Oh yes, there's a zipper there

Secret Quilt Project - Same old news, still waiting on fabric.  :(

do.Good blocks - No news here :(

New this Week:
{Sew} Beautiful block for AnneMarie - AnneMarie sent out some lovely Bliss and Ruby charms for us this month that we'll be turning into Dutch Pinwheel blocks.  I bet these blocks are going to be super pretty!

Sewing Summit swaps - I've got a few personal swaps set up to swap in person at the Sewing Summit next month (yippee!!!!!), which I'm super looking forward to.  I'm really looking forward to handing someone that I've "known" online for eons something I made just for them.  I've had a lot of fun so far thinking about what to make for everyone, but I'm hoping to start pulling fabrics this week, too.

What are you working on?  Did you finish anything up over the long weekend?  Blog it and go share it at Freshly Pieced!

28 comments:

  1. Lots of progress there!

    Me, I had a houseful o' family this past weekend and no sewing got done. Trying to make up for it this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you must finish the weekender bag! Go on... you can do it, and you're going to have such a fantastic bag at the end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Farmer's wife blocks look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bowtie quilt is so pretty!
    And there aren't enough words for your giant warm/cool quilt . . . oh, my goodness . . . it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your diamond quilt. You make very beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- i needed a break from my weekender too. It wound up being a 3 month break, don't go that long!! All your projects look fantastic. Can't wait to see how you quilt the bowtie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love your warm/cool quilt. such eye-candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - a finish & a ready to be quilted - now that's progress! I don't blame you about the bag - though I am curious to hear how it went. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still swoon everytime I see that warm/cool quilt!!!

    I can't wait to see the guy quilt backing! So cute!

    I got my pattern for the bag, but haven't put any thought to fabric or anything else yet! :)

    Great blocks for Farmer's wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the farmer's wife quilt blocks! Is that kind of like the Dear Jane blocks? Great progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 100 quilts is super cute. I love the bow tie look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that warm/cool quilt is an absolute beauty - well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all your FW blocks. Your fabric choices are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bow ties. I have one in the works too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great as always. I can't wait to see your bag. That's going to be fabulous at Sewing Summit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your 100 Quilts for Kids top is beautiful! I can't wait to see where you take it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your 100 Quilts for Kids top is beautiful! I can't wait to see where you take it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great progress! That bowtie quilt is really cool. I need to add that pattern to my list. And after serving your warm/cool quilt, I must make one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love your warm/cool quilt. It makes me want to start one everytime I see it. Great job this week with all that progress. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot get enough of your warm/cool quilt! Just love it. Your 100 quilts for kids quilt looks awesome! Love those colors together. I am so so so jealous of all you guys going to the sewing summit!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't keep saying "lots of lovely things on the go", can I? LOL

    I love the quilt top for kids - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just adore your Warm/Cool quilt. It's so vibrant and exciting. LOve, Love, Love!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That warm/cool quilt fills me with mingled admiration and covetousness every time I look at it! :)

    And bow ties quilts are just so adorable - there's something so cute about them. I've never yet met one that I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen several warm-cool quilts recently, but none so lovely as yours!! Truly an inspiration to make one for myself - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your 100 Quilts for Kids top, that is adorable. Good luck with your Weekender Bag - you can do it!! : ) Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kudo's, to you, for finding time to make charity quilts!
    I hope I have many more of those in my future.
    As soon as I get caught up on all the energy suckers I have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything is looking so good!! Great looking bag you have there. I still have cutting to do on mine. ONLY 16 MORE pieces to cut, from a total of about 55. Really, would I have started this if I counted before? Oh well, I will love it when it is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think your Weekender looks fabulous so far!! And the fabrics are super cool. Carry on...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat