Friday, September 16, 2011

September Bee Blocks

Phew, all caught up on my bee blocks for the month, that feels good.  Now maybe I can find some time to clean up my sewing room - looks like a hurricane came through there!!!

do.Good.Stitches September Bliss blocks



do.Good.Stitches
Carol is our quilter is month in the Bliss circle, and requested some string-pieced log cabin blocks.  I put off these blocks for a little while, thinking they would time-consuming, but they really weren't.  I made a big piece of string-pieced fabric to cut log cabin strips from, and it went really smoothly.  These blocks will be really interesting when they're all put together.  The color scheme is inspired by Cherri House's City Park quilt.

{Sew} Beautiful block for AnneMarie

{Sew} Beautiful
AnneMarie is our queen bee this month, and she sent out a fabulous assortment of Bonnie & Camille's Ruby and Bliss collections to make a Dutch Pinwheel block for her.  I'm not normally a big fan of muted soft colors like these, but this block really looks lovely.  The tutorial is also super easy to follow, I definitely recommend it!

String Me Along September block

String Me Along
A while back, Sharon was lucky enough to win my SMS Giveaway Day drawing for a collection of Soul Blossoms fat-eights, and she chose to send those out, along with some white fabric, for an HST block.  Yes, I know I said I was done with HSTs, after my monstrous HST warm/cool quilt, but I didn't mind having two bee blocks this month with HSTs, really.  I went with a simple diamond layout, much like my warm/cool quilt, and I hope Sharon will dig it.

Now all I need to do is pack these babies up and get them out in the mail.  I think it's quite possible that I might just find the motivation to go back to working on my Weekender bag now!  What about you?  What are you stitching up this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I think that hurricane must have traveled north and landed at my house, too! I'm going to try to finish the borders and backing of my Across the Sea quilt so maybe I'll get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! I can't wait to see AnneMarie's quilt. It's going to be gorgeous. (And her blocks make me want to buy some Ruby!!)

    I am really almost out of sewing projects to work on, and it's freaking me out a little! I'm waiting on some fabric for the deer quilt from Dare to Be Square, but I don't think that will be here for weekend sewing! I have two more 4x5 blocks to make...I'll have to come up with something after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so far behind on my bees it's embarrassing - but... I am getting ready to leave work and I'm headed straight for my machine! Funny thing is the block I picked for my 3x6 is the Soul Blossom one you have, but my print and white will be reversed... great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great! you are officially the HST queen :-) Can't wait to see your weekender bag progress!! I have officially cut out all the pattern pieces...onto the interfacing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it bad that I'm SOOOO glad I'm not looking at working on the Weekender. Good for you and Jessica. Me? I would rather be working with HSTs!! Any.day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. weekender, weekender, weekender! :) oh, and your bee blocks look lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sewing room almost always looks like a hurricane went through. I always seem to have to little space for my stuff.. Al these blocks are very different, but lovely in ther own qay an d so perfectly made!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat