Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday #18

Wow, this week has really flown by, but I've got made some serious sewing progress, yay!  Here's what's cooking...

Still working on:
MHC Drunk Love quilt - I'm going to start basting this one today and gett ready to quilt it for FNSI this Friday.  If you didn't see the flimsy finish on Monday, here's another snap.  And for the record, I still haven't decided how exactly I'm going to quilt it!


Single Girl quilt - All the curves are done!  And even better than that, the blocks are done!  Now all I have to do is finish the assembly of the quilt top.  I laid all the blocks out in my living room to see how it would look, and I'm really excited to get this one put together.  There's still a glimmer of hope that I might finish this for my wedding anniversary in 10 days.  A very tiny glimmer, but a glimmer all the same...



Make Mine Modern mini-quilt - I've finished my sketch and math and am starting some piecing on this one finally.


Project Modern - As soon as I wrap up my MHC quilt, I hope to get this one started.  Time is most certainly not on my side here, so we'll have to see how this works out.  If I don't wind up getting to this one in time, I hope to turn it into a quilt along later this year, because the design I drew up would be awesome in a monochromatic layout or in something super colorful, so stay tuned.

Birdie Stitches - Once again, no progress yet.

New:
Supernova QAL with Freshly Pieced - I'm super excited about this quilt-along, I just adore Lee's design for this one!  I've picked out some fabrics and made some stacks for this one, and I'm positively ready to go.


Spiderweb {Sew} Beautiful Quilt - I got my first two quilt blocks from the awesome girls of the {Sew} Beautiful Bee, and I'm excited to start sashing these blocks and putting this quilt together.



WIP Wednesday #18 Recap:
Finished: 0
Last week's total: 5
New: 2
This week's total: 7

Curious to see what everyone else is working on this week?  Hop on over to Lee's linky at Freshly Pieced to see the latest WIPs around the quilting bloggy world :)

25 comments:

  1. Wow- so many quilts in progress and they all look awesome! I love the colors in your drunk love blanket. Wonderful work! Have a happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you doing the mini quilt in purple and gray like the drawing? I have been day-dreaming about that colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks so great! You are a machine getting all those single girl blocks done! They look fantastic. I love what you've got in mind for MMM, very creative. And I'm curious to see what everyone comes up with for Supernova. I can't make up my mind at all. Your spiderwebs look fantastic too, that will be fun to see everything come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog header and whole blog design. How did you achieve it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I cannot wait to see your MHC quilt all quilted, the snapshot looks stunning, that is one lucky girl! Seeing all those single girl quilts is really making me want to jump in on the fun...My MQG is headed on a shop hop soon, I'll need to keep my eye open for some new fabrics for it! Great WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I really like the Drunk Love and Spiderweb projects! And you're flying along on your single girl - go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! everything looks great..love the spiderweb..single girl...they all look amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks great! I can't believe how quickly you're getting through the Single Girl quilt, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your wip lists always make feel like i can do so much more! you are quite the busy girl and goods you come up with are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Your Supernova fabrics look wonderful! I still need to figure mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am looking forward to see your quilt from the sketch, it should be great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how much you get done every week! It's quite impressive ;-)

    I really love how your Drunk Love quilt is turning out. Your girl is going to love it. I think straight line quilting would be nice or the criss-cross long lines. I'm not really sure that that's called, but it would go along with the drunk part! Can't wait to see it all finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome quilts! I am very impressed and love the drunk love quilt very much. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that drunk love quilt!! Lots of great stuff, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the concept of Project Modern! I also feel your pain about not having time, I have one of those projects myself

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, now I really feel like a commitment-phobic slacker! I need to focus on one thing at a time and get something accomplished!

    BTW, this will probably sound like the dorkiest question, but what is a "flimsy"??

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your projects look amazing! Every single one of them! I'm just a wee bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Elisabeth! Ooh you have so many beautiful projects going on! I love those pin-colourful blocks and the 'stars' and everything!!!
    I hope you have time enough till your anniversary! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man I love all your projects! Super-congrats on the Single Girl progress. The irony of a "single girl" quilt being for an anniversary is making me giggle a wee bit.

    Good call on the AMH for the spiderweb blocks - they are aMAZing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You go girl! :) Lots of pretty stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your MMM mini! That's going to be great. And excellent job on the SG!!! You are rocking it now. Are you seriously going to quilt this thing on your home machine? A king-size quilt??? You will be my quilting hero if you do that. : )

    Thanks for linking up, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your sketch. It looks like a bookshelf to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just can't pick a favorite here, they're all so yummy! What an awesome collection of wip's!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! You have been really busy. All of your projects are beautiful, I don't think I could pick a favorite! Although that Single Girl is amazing! Happy WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Elizabeth, I stumbled across your blog today. Love the spiderweb blocks! I read your featured post on GenX Quilters and it was great. Such a cute robot quilt. I felt the same way about sewing on binding until I found a great tutorial. I'd love it if you would check out my post with the link. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat