Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WiP Wednesday #19

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means - time for a project roundup!  After FNSI last week and some good quality sewing time this week, I've made some serious progress, and managed to start up a few new projects at the same time.  Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else has in the works!

Finished this week:
Make Mine Modern mini-quilt


Birdie Stitches March block

Birdie Stitches March - done!


Still going (and feeling a little bit like the Energizer Bunny because these some are feeling never-ending!):
MHC drunk love quilt - Done quilting!   If only I could say the same about my binding.  It's slow going, because I've got so many other piecing projects in the work that are way more fun at the moment.  No worries, I'll finish this one by the end of the weekend, I'm sure, which will still be early.  I've got my binding cut and sewn together, but I need to spend some quality time with the iron here.  I wound up stippling this quilt, nothing too unique, but I think it lets the crazy piecing in the blocks really shine through.


Single Girl quilt - The quilt top is totally finished now, now if only I could find a local long-arm machine to rent!  They're apparently super-difficult to come by in my area, argh.  One local shop will have a machine ready for rental starting in May, so that's my best hope at the moment...sadly, this quilt's going to wind up in the UFO pile for a little while. :(  I couldn't resist tossing the quilt top on my bed to for a sneak peek of what it might look like when it's done!

DSCN1528


Supernova QAL - I've got all my fabrics and ready to roll.  I'm really excited about getting started on this one!

Spiderweb bee quilt - I've gotten a few more blocks in the mail from the awesome girls in the {Sew} Beautiful bee, but I still haven't managed to make another block of my own.  I fully intend to rectify that this week now that I've received five gorgeous blocks from my bee girls!

Monochromatic challenge quilt - Alas, this sketch is collecting dust at the moment.  I'm still really excited about the idea I had here, but so far, I've had too many other time-sensitive things to finish to get this one going in time.  I suspect this quilt will get a new lease on life later this year...maybe as another quilt-along...or my first real pattern...I'm writing this project off my list now, as a DOA project...

New:
Lily's Quilts QAL-inspired color wheel doll quilt - I've gotten as far as picking some fabrics for this one, which will be a rainbow doll quilt for my sewing room.  I'm inspired by Lily's QAL, as well as something I saw Jenny make last fall, so I'll be doing my own twist here.  I'm still torn between whether or not I want to go all-solid or throw some prints in yet, but I'm definitely going for a color wheel rainbow.


Bottled Rainbows QAL - I worked up two blocks this week, and it was a ton of fun, going through my scraps and remembering the projects they all spawned from.  I really love how this is coming together so far!  And so far, I'm a big fan of quilt as you go quilting!


Bookshelf mini quilt tute - Looks like I'll be making another bookshelf mini quilt, and writing a tute to go with it.  Thanks for all of the super sweet comments about this little finish, they definitely made my day!   I've already been surfing the super amazing Design Seeds blog for some color ideas...

WiP Wednesday #19 Recap
Last week's total: 7
Finished: 2
DOA: 1
New: 3
This week's total: 7

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm bummed you aren't going to have time for the monochromatic challenge. I was really curious to see what you come up with.
    Your drunk love looks really great. The stippling was a perfect choice.
    The single girl looks fabulous too. I'm going to plug my quilter - www.mainelyquiltsoflove.com - check her out, her prices are the best I've found and it's not too pricey to ship either. And of course you've seen her work on my parisian quilt. We don't have longarm rentals around me either so she saves me everytime I do something big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been super busy this week! Love the mini quilt and would love a tute, I'm a total bookworm so would love one for myself. The single girl quilt top turned out great, will be looking forward to seeing it quilted. Wish I had time for the Supernova quiltalong but sadly I can't do it :-( the colour wheel idea will be fab for the Lily's quilts QAL I'll watch out for that on the Flickr group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I was thinking your blog had been a little quiet...you show up with a monster wip list!! Way to go! Trust me, it will be worth it to hold out til May to quilt your Single Girl on some frames. That's not TOO far away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that colorwheel quilt and that was the same idea I had for Lily's QAL! Can't wait to see how yours turns out (it will be a long while before I am ready to start that project). Glad to see your bottled rainbows too (I am closer to starting that one!). Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I totally understand your frustration about the long-arm rental. I have yet to find anyone with rental anywhere around here, but I'd love to try it. I just can't quilt a queen size quilt on my machine but I would love to quilt some quilts 100% myself rather than sending them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Single Girl! It'll look great once you get it quilted, and worth the wait. And I totally want a tutorial on the bookshelf - what a perfect end of year gift for my kid's teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Awesome finishes! where to start, I just love it all. The quilting on your MHC quilt looks great, so fitting for a girlie pink quilt. I'd love a tute for that adorable bookshelf quilt! And there are no words for your single girl quilt. just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow you've got so much going on! All of your projects look great and I love these ticker tape rainbow quilts!! I'll be keeping my eye on your blog for when you get a chance to tackle the monochromatic quilt - even if it's not for the formal challenge. Happy WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of progress. Impressive! And Super YAY about the tutorial (that sound you hear is me, jumping up and down)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are some fantastic projects! Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a list! You've made awesome progress - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing that you can keep up with that many projects! They look wonderful too.:o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is really beautiful, wow!
    I would love a tutorial for the bookshelf quilt, it's just so cool.
    Love your bottled rainbows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Elisabeth! Everything look so beautiful!!! Again I admire your Bookself-quilt! Also the other quilts are so wonderful! You are so talented with your works and using the colours!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have lots on your plate, as always. I'm having lots of fun with the bottled rainbows too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is stunning, hard to comment because there is so much to say! The books are genius! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drunken love looks great and I am facinated by the Bottled Rainbow blocks. I take a month break from the bolg and everyone is doing this new QAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy, you've made great progress! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Single Girl Quilt looks great! I like all your other blocks & can't wait to see what you've got picked out for the Supernova quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love, love, love your single girl quilt. As in, I need to hurry and finish up my current WIP(including your quilt along) to finish that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty ... love everything here! Your Single Girl is incredible - sorry about the long-arm problem, but the top is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. Great job!

    Thanks for linking up, have a good week (what's left of it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat