Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WiP Wednesday #16

Gasp, I almost feel like I'm running out of wips!  I'm sure I'll make up for it as soon as I finish off a few more of these time intensive ones, like my Margaret's Hope Chest quilt, which finally made it to my cutting table this week, and my Single Girl quilt, which is feeling a bit tedious at the moment.  My design wall is getting full, with all of the Single Girl progress, my bee block, as well as some of the 3x6 Bee blocks that are starting to come in from my beehive.

Finished!
Urban Home Goods swap
Prep for my bee month - Done!  Fabric is in the mail and starting to get to its destined locations.   I'm so excited to see what everyone thinks of doing the spiderweb blocks...
Birdie Stitches BOM - February - I actually have two finishes to show here, mine and the munchkin's.  After I traced the pattern, the munchkin snatched it up and colored it with his dad.  It's now hanging in my sewing room.  As I was finishing this one yesterday, he once again told me that he wants this quilt to be on his bed when it's done.  We'll see how much he likes it at the end of the year when it's finally done!


Progress made!
King Size Single Girl - I spent the weekend ironing my arcs and cutting my background fabric, thanks to a shipment from Sew Fresh Fabrics to round out my fabric for this quilt.  I've started sewing the curves, and wow, it's tedious.  Lots and lots of pins.  And lots of patience seems to be required.


Margaret's Hope Chest quilt - I actually started cutting my fabric yesterday, desperately needing a break from the Single Girl curves madness.  I did indeed decide on a pattern - square-in-squares, or drunk love.  I've sketched out plans for three different blocks to keep the quilt visually interesting, and I've cut all of my fabric.  I've got to get this one finished and shipped out by the end of this month, so I better get a move on!


Make Mine Modern swap - I bought the last bit of fabric for this project over the weekend (along with some other fabrics I couldn't live without (like those hot pink Echino scooters!), so I'm all set to get started on this one.



Zero progress :(
do.Good.Stitches March blocks

New!
Project Modern monochromatic challenge - I had an idea for the monochromatic challenge last week.  I spent a little bit of time sketching, and then did a digital mockup in Illustrator, and I think I'm really in love with this concept I've come up with.  The deadline is 3/31, so the clock is definitely ticking, but my Margaret's Hope Chest quilt comes first at the moment, so we'll have to see if the planets align for this quilt to get done in time.  I'm crossing my fingers...

Birdie Stitches March block - Corey just released the March block, which is awfully cute with a little rainbow

String Me Along March block - We're working on a drunk love block this month, and I got my fabric yesterday, so I'm all set to go on this one.  It's apparently going to a month full of lots of drunk love!!

Weekly Recap - WiP Wednesday #16
Finished: 3
Last Week's Total: 7
New: 3
This Week's Total: 7

18 comments:

  1. Oh man, I admire your for sewing all those curves! I love quilts with curves but I haven't been brave enough to try one yet!

    Your projects all look wonderful (as usual!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've made a TON of progress on your Single Girl quilt!!! Way to go on all your WIP progress! I know how much work it is to get the bee packages out - pat yourself on the back for that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Month full of lots of drunk love. Love it! :) All your projects look great, can't wait to see them all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! That's a lot of work! I have to say I'm glad I didn't join in the Single Girl madness. Your quilt is going to be incredible, but it seems like so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can see my block on this wall! It looks nice with your single girl fabric choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing progress! Your 2 little birdies block is just adorable, can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I didn't realize your single girl quilt was going to be king sized! Kudos to you!!
    I haven't touched my do good march blocks yet either. In our defense, it's really only march 2. she posted the directions really early!
    love all your fabrics you've got going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always E - you amaze me with the sheer number of quilts you tackle. I'm watching everyone post about these Single Girl quilts - and I can't help but think the same thing you said - Yeow - tedious. No wonder they need a support group. Good luck! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - you have alot going on! Love your Single Girl quilt - but agreed - would need to be in the right mind-space to tackle that one, and KING size!? wow
    Birdie Stitches is darling...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My my, you've been a busy girl! Curious to see what you're making with those fun pink scooters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. E! Your SG curves look great! : ) I don't know what you're worried about, you look like you're rocking it as always. It is tedious, for sure, but just take it slowly.

    The Margaret's Hope Chest quilt is going to be super cool. Thanks for linking up, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those curves look great! I can only imagine the tediousness...just doing a doll quilt size of curves was trying my patience! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you said that you feel like you're running out of WIPs! Looks like you've got plenty on your plate. I wish I were running out of WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you've got a lot going on - good for you! Have you tried the pin-less method for sewing the curves? I've actually gotten better results doing curves without the pins... but maybe that's just because I'm not as grumpy from getting pricked 1000 times : ) I hope you get a chance to do the monochromatic challenge quilt - I'm sure you've thought up something awesome! Happy WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant to make major progress on Single Girl at the quilt retreat last weekend. This was my progress: zilch, nada, nothing. I can't believe you are making a king! It's going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your work station! Wish I were running out of projects... It'll be a while, but I'm trying! Won't have to buy more fabric, that's for sure! How do you like your new machine?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see what you create for MHC--the fabrics look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What pretty arches..I sew too fast to do curves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat