Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WiP Wednesday #17

Well, hello again, time to see what I'm making progress on...and what's collecting dust...

Finished:
String Me Along March block
do.Good.Stitches March blocks

Making progress on:
Margaret's Hope Chest Quilt - This quilt is the biggie wip at the moment.  I must finish it up by the end of the month and mail it off to Kayla.  Kayla will be turning 18 and her father is currently in prison.  I wanted to make something that will stay with Kayla for a long time, so I'm trying to make something that's a little bit young and a little bit modern at the same time, just right for a young woman.  These blocks have been super fun to work on, and I've made a good bit of progress.  Just another 20 or so blocks to go...


Single Girl King Size quilt - I'm taking a break here at the moment, to work on my MHC quilt, and to try to regain some of the sanity I lost, adding all of those inner background pieces to my blocks.  I've still got another 60 curves to sew, but I've done 100 so far, so I'm past the halfway point, I just need to recharge my creative batteries a little before I can pick this one back up again.



Make Mine Modern swap - I'm working on my final sketch and measurements at the moment so I can start to actually sew my big piece.  I pulled some fabrics yesterday and I'm starting to get really excited about this project!  I've gotten a few small things to add to my one small sewn item, a pincushion, but I don't want to give too much away!



Projects still on my plate, though I haven't touched them:
Birdie Stitches March block

Project Modern: Monochromatic Challenge - The chances of me getting to this quilt are looking slim, but I'm still hoping against hope that it works out.  I've never worked monochromatically before, and I think it would be an interesting challenge to participate in.

New:
Zilch! (for once)

WiP Wednesday #17 Recap
Last week's total: 7
Done: 2
Still in progress: 5
New: 0
This week's total: 5

20 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I'm just starting out my own quilting blog today, and I'm browsing through other quilters blogs to see who's out here.

    I just wanted to say I love your work! Those blocks for the hope chest quilt are just stunning!

    ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that MHC quilt is looking stunning, as is your single girl. That's inspiring in itself, just looking at those pictures - keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hope chest quilt looks really fantastic. Such a great story too.
    WOW - that's a lot of blocks for the single girl quilt. I would need a rest too from that one.
    And I love your MMM fabrics, I hope they are for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (found your blog while surfing the WIP links - hope you don't mind a comment)

    Yes, that Hope Chest quilt is amazing. :D Will be fun to see your Single Girl blocks when they're together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Hope Chest quilt it's shaping up beautifully!! Your colours are so vibrant in it! And I can't wait to see how the Single Girl quilt turns out, it looks so complicated tho, not sure I'd have the patience

    ReplyDelete
  6. KING sized single girl??? Man, you are ambitious! Love it so far! And your hope chest quilt is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the Single Girl is coming along nicely! I'm not brave enough to try one curve, much less 160!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your hope chest quilt! It's perfect for an 18-year-old, and she'll love it as she grows older too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just signed up to make a quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest! Thanks for the reminder about that organization. I'm sewing for a 3-year-old who likes "dirt bikes and orange." Should be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize you are making a KING-size quilt! That's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Hope Chest quilt. I bet she'll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The SG blocks look delish, though I completely understand the need for a break from them! Doing that quilt king-size really is an undertaking, but you're doing great. Kayla's quilt is just perfect - like you said, girly but modern at the same time!

    As always, thanks for linking up, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must have great will power since you didn't start any new projects this week! I feel like I start something new every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The MHC quilt is beautiful! Kayla will love it!

    I understand why you would need to take a break from the Single Girl, but I selfishly hope it's a small one...I can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Margaret's Hope Chest quilt is beautiful, the pink is perfect -- a great combination of modern and girly. Love it!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you need any more fabric for your MHC quilt? I have some cute pink/green fabric that I really like but can never think of a proper project. Let me know if you are interested. I can send you a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! your MHC is just fabulous, I love all those fun girlie prints and the arrangement is perfect. Also in awe of your patience! 100 curves, wait, 100 AWESOME looking curves?? Wow, just wow. Great WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks great Elizabeth! I especially love your MHC quilt so far, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Elisabeth! Kayla's quilt is going to be so beautiful! I love those happy colours! MHC quilt is amazing - it needs lots of work!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your projects are just awesome. You're way more than halfway on those curves. (NERD ALERT) 100/160 is just about two-thirds of the way. YAY you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat