Thursday, March 17, 2011

Here's the mail...it never fails...

My son loves singing the Blue's Clues mail song, and whenever I have a good mail day, I just can't help myself, I start singing it on my own.  I've had some awesome things in my mailbox lately and I just have to share...

I won an awesome half-yard bundle from The Sewing Summit's blog, in Alexander Henry's Larkspur.  Not sure what I'll use it for just yet, but I love the saturated, bright colors in this collection.  I got a bonus FQ from Freebird with this package, which was an awesome surprise!


I've gotten a few swap packages in the mail.  I love swaps, it's like Christmas in my mailbox.  And it's always a surprise, which is the best part.  My swap partner, Amy, for the Spicing Up the Kitchen swap did a fantastic job for me, and even made a runner loosely based on my Sliced Coins quilt along.  My other awesome goodies included a coffee mug, a mug rug, and a potholder to match the runner.


For the Urban Home Goods swap, I got seriously spoiled.  My partner, Corrie, sent me a gorgeous notebook, along with a sweet mug rug and a mini-quilt for my sewing room.  I just love the darling little mug rug, with the pennant style, I've loved some of the pennant style things I've seen on Flickr, and I'm excited to have my very own piece.




And finally, I got another Pips precut to round out my collection, although when the package came in, I was severely concerned about whether or not they made it in one piece.


Fortunately, the Pips were A-OK, despite the fumble from the postal service.  This seems to be happening more often lately with my packages, but thankfully, most of the places I shop are wrapping fabric in plastic to ensure that it's not damaged during shipping.


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

9 comments:

  1. wow you got lots of wonderful goodies
    and yes I know, the packaging problem too, but nothing was ever destroyed, so I hope it wont be in future

    hUgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lovely mail! I'm glad it arrived after that package damage...they charge you so much to mail, you think they could take care of your parcel! =)

    Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, such great packages! Love all of your swap goodies, but especially the Urban Home Good stuff. Those pennants are adorable and I don't even like buntings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Now I have that song stuck in my head all day! Can't help but sing it too every time we get the mail. What a fun week you've had - so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you have:
    A world of wishes at your command
    God and his angels close at hand
    Friends and family their love impart,
    And Irish blessings in you heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elisabeth, You indeed had again Christmas! So much lovely presents! Those fabrics are just fantastic! I love them because they are like hand painted and I haven't seen something like that! Enjoy!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me wanna wag my tail! :) Fun fun stuff in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I receive approximately 10 envelopes like that a week from fabric purchases on etsy or eBay and 8 out of 10 are damaged like that. I called the postmaster and got no results. I then told a friend of mine who works for the post office about it and they said it's because I receive so many packages which are all soft that they are checking to see if I am receiving drugs! Pretty pathetic! They tag people and randomly check. Well I think 80% of my packages is beyond random. Anyone else have this problem???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat