Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF! But in a good way...

It's Follower Friday today over at Gen X/Y Quilters, and I'm the lucky follower being featured today!  Can you believe it?  I am indeed a Gen X/Y girl, still listen to a lot of alternative and grunge music from back in the 90s when I sew.  I have really enjoyed the blogs and bloggers I have found over there, and found some serious inspiration, so you really ought to check their blogroll.  There's some seriously inspirational quilters there, and I'm really proud to be in their group.




This has been a seriously awesome week, between being featured on QuiltStory and then today, being featured at Gen X/Y Quilters.  Not only that, but I'm making some serious progress on my To Sew list...although it keeps growing.

If you're curious about my quilt-in-progress post from earlier this week, I'm hoping to wrap up the quilt top this weekend.  I really appreciate all of the comments about where to go with the sashing of the quilt.  Here's a sneak peek of how it's coming together so far...


I'm loving this quilt so much, I've decided to write a tutorial on it, so stay tuned!  I need to tweak the math and make sure it all makes sense, but I'm hoping to release it soon.

As if I don't have enough things on my To Sew list...do you need to whip up a quick holiday gift?  Want to be part of a fun quilt-along?  Make sure to visit Jennifer over at That Girl...That Quilt, she's got a great charm pack quilt-along that's just getting started.  Join in the fun!

Have a great weekend!  Happy sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Just started following your blog and I'm joining the quilt along too! =) Can't wait to see your quilt when it's finished. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on being featured again!!! that is so cool. i love the sneek peek. i have some of that fabric and think it is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have had an awesome week! Congrats, you deserve it!!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great week. I saw you on Gen X/Y follower of the week! Such a neat sewing room. How does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice learning more about you on GenX. Congrats on such a great week!

    And the quilt is looking really great. Can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just popped over from GenX's blog (although I belong more to the over 40 group, but age is state of mind, right?). Congrats on your feature there. It was great to read more about you and I'll have to also pop over to Quilt story for more....Congrats again and way to go on your progress of your to-sew list. As a mom of a three year old, I'm amazed how you do it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat