Sunday, October 3, 2010

A small project and a trip to the park

If there's one person in the family who's benefiting from my new love for sewing, it's my toddler, Ryan.  He just loves when I appliqué shirts for him.  I've been promising him for a week that I would make him a new dinosaur shirt, but alas, my printer has been on the fritz.  I normally print out b&w line art for appliquéing, but this time, thanks to my temperamental printer, I actually wound up freehanding my first appliqué design.




I think the shirt came out pretty awesome, and the recipient was super proud to wear it to the park this morning.  I think this was the first morning in a long while where we were perfectly content being outside, beyond the early morning hours. I think fall is finally starting to show up, even here in hot and humid Florida.

I'm really glad Ryan enjoys the shirts I make for him. He looks so cute in them, and they're so fun to make.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute shirt! And freehanded? Wow!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat