Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another day of avoiding my quilt WIP

Why am I not quilting this week?  I think I'm just trying to get the kind of fulfillment this week that comes from short projects, being able to fully complete something.  I've got three quilts in progress right now, and I'm itching to start a fourth, but I'm trying to pace myself.  There's too many things I want to sew.  I go onto Flickr and I find a million inspirations...and then my munchkin wakes up from his nap and I have to put all of my quilty thoughts away and be a mom for a while.

I did, however, finish sewing my nephew's Superman cape for Halloween.  I made a matching applique iron-on for his mom to sew on to a blue shirt to finish off the costume, which will hopefully be a breeze for her.  My nephew is way smaller than my son, so he couldn't quite model the cape for me, but he did do a great job holding it up!



I used a pattern from The Long Thread and simply shortened it to fit an 8 month old baby.  Here's hoping it fits, that is, given that he's over 1800 miles away.  Alternations would kind of be a pain in the neck.  I used Kona Cotton for the whole thing, and made a Superman applique stencil out of some line art I found on Google Images.  All in all, this took less than 2 hours to complete, and a good chunk of it was tracing and cutting the applique out.  Definitely a fun, easy project!

0 comments:


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat