Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WiP Wednesday #37

I've realized that there are some projects that really just need to come off the list for now, because nothing's happening with them, nor is anything going to happen with them for a little while now.  So, much like the credit cards do after a certain amount of time, I'm writing a few projects off the list for now.  I'm hoping to bring them back at some point, maybe after school starts up next month, or later this year, but for now, I'm just not putting any energy into them, so off the list they go!

Still going:
Warm/Cool Quilt Along - I got all gung ho after I finished cutting up all of my squares, and drew the diagonal lines for all of my squares Friday night...and then on Saturday, I realized that the lines were fading.  No, disappearing.  Eek!!  I stayed up late Saturday night and sewed all 336 of them, but I haven't had the energy to start ironing and trimming them yet.

Piles and piles of HSTs

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - Two more blocks down, only 91 to go!

FWQAL Blocks 1-20

Summer Sampler Series - After getting all caught up, I'm officially behind now.  I adore Kate's six-pointed star tute, and I wound up not going the string-star route, though I do adore the string look.  I went with simple on the star, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

7 blocks into the Summer Sampler

For the Love of Solids swap - After much deliberating, Megan and I got all 96 swappers matched up and sent out all of our partner emails.  I got my partner email, and I'm excited to start brainstorming on what to make for my partner, but for now, I'm leaning toward a miniquilt at the moment.  I've got a gorgeous stack of solids I'm thinking about working with, too...

Partner, what do you think?

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee - I've made some lovely fabric piles for my beemates and am hoping to stitch up their blocks this week.


Ryan's Guy Quilt - I'm working on cutting out some solid coordinates to go with this quilt, and having a lot of fun with it.  It's hard not to smile when cutting up Batman fabric!

Slowly making progress on the Guy quilt

So stalled that they're coming off the list for now...
Single Girl quilt
String Me Along bee quilt
Super Secret Project

New this week:
Another secret project - I know, it's no fun to hear about secret projects, but all will be revealed next week, I promise!

{Sew} Beautiful August block for Kati - Just got Kati's fabrics, and I'm excited to turn them into a wonky log cabin for her.

A stack for Kati


Finished:
Kaleidoscope quilt - front view


WiP Wednesday #37 Recap
Last week's total: 9
Finished this week: 1
Written off this week: 3
New this week: 2
This week's total: 7

What are you working on this week?  Are you making progress?  Link it up over at Freshly Pieced's ever-growing WiP Wednesday linky!

21 comments:

  1. Holey moley, 336 HSTs in one night is crazy! I hope you got to sleep in the next morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything looks so great! You have made some significant progress this week. What lovely Summer Sampler blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy have you been busy! That really was a lot of HST's to have to stitch before the ink disappeared! Love your Kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 336 HST... are you kidding! Your blocks for FWQA and for the Summer Sampler are both wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your list isn't much shorter. Take three off, add two! How do you do it and cope with a young family as well? I take my hat off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 13yo daughter smiled at the Batman piece. :) Love the new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing, as always! loving your summer sampler colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well of course you didn't start ironing and trimming... that's the WORST part! Getting them sewn was a miracle in and of itself!! :)

    I love your 6 point star block! It does look nice! And question - what size are the FW blocks? because 100 some-odd blocks is going to be a gigantic quilt...

    And I want some batman fabric. For me. Really.

    Great projects!! I can't wait to see secret project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress! The thought of you frantically sewing up those HSTs before the ink disappeared kind of makes me laugh. Oh, the things we do as quilters! :)

    And you're going to be Best Mom Ever when you give Ryan his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Kaleidoscope is really beautiful! You must be so pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you tired yet of me telling you how impressed I am with how much you get done?? I always feel like such a slug...anyway your blue and grey blocks are so cool (I HAVE to get some of that two-tone grey fabric--it's one of the coolest I've seen lately). Anyway, I need to get off the computer and get to sewing so I can have something to report on next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, I was just thinking about taking some things off my list. I like your credit card analogy, it might be time to just cut my losses and get write some things off my balance sheet! Maybe next week.

    Anyway, I like your non-string-star block! That block is every bit as beautiful in the simpler format. Just looking at your stack of Warm/Cool HSTs makes me want to crawl under my sewing table though. : ) Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did that thing once, with the disappearing ink and HSTs - doh! Love the colours you've chosen for the farmers wife blocks and the stack of solids is yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! you are a HST sewing machine! that makes me go cross eyed just thinking about all those in one night, whew! I hear ya about writing projects off...I had the exact same thought! Love that stack of solids, and fabric for the 4x5 bee, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, you are amazing! All of those HST and everything else! I am struggling today to get 2 blocks and a skirt done. Love your color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like seeing the Batman fabric in your stack!
    I know what you mean about marking some projects off your list. I've often wanted to take a UFO to a guild meeting and see if anybody would want to take it on for themselves but I'm afraid it would just sit around at somebody else's house just like at mine. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. At least you realized your lines were fading BEFORE they completely disappeared! That's quite an accomplishment to get them all sewn up.

    That's too bad your String Me Along quilt got bumped for now, I've really been looking forward to seeing how it all comes together! I completely understand though, I'm having to do the same with a few projects. Good luck with what you've got left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Honestly, all this industry is making me tired. {grin} Lovely work though. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still swooning over your kaleidoscope! Hoping mine is done by the deadline!
    omg about the fading marker! I can not even imagine doing 300+ in one evening, but good for you. whew.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing all your lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat