Friday, July 8, 2011

For the Love of Solids! A new modern swap coming soon!

I have some really exciting news to share with you - Megan, from Canoe Ridge Creations, and I are hosting our very own modern swap - For the Love of Solids!

To get you in the mood for some solids sewing, here is my inspiration mosaic for the swap - I'm sharing some of my favorite solids-only works, which also happen to show my love for geometric designs!

solidfaves


We're super excited to announce that the group is indeed open for joining, so if you dig solids and modern sewing, come on over and join in the fun!  Sign-ups for the first round of the swap will begin on Wednesday, July 13th, via a thread within the group.  First-come, first served!

A few nitty gritty details, which you will find more detailed in the Flickr group - you must be an active member in the Flickr sewing community. The shipping deadline is September 15th, 2011. Within the group, you will find a thread about the expectations of what you should send for your partner. You will send your partner a minimum of two items - one big item and one small. Your big item can be something like a table runner, set of placemats, pillow cover, tote bag, mini-quilt, sewing machine cover, craft apron, etc. This item must be homemade and made strictly from solids. The second item you will send will be considerably smaller and does not need to be handmade. It could be a scrap pack of solids, a hoop, mug rug, fabric bucket, pincushion, bunting, etc.  We'll be sharing more ideas in the Flickr group as well.

Joining in the solid swap fun?  Grab a button below!

fortheloveofsolids2

12 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot resist this one either! I love solids, and I use a lot, and I have made one totally solid quilt which I love, so, as I said, I'm hoping I will get picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...I really want to join this but I'm going to be moving in August. And that might make a swap a lil bumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love solids as my stack of Kona attests, but I start my road trip home on 7/13 and I think this may fill up fast. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing a lot of solids on the web lately - fantastic idea!

    I am picking up some solids tomorrow - do we use color preferences from our partner or just whatever we think will be super cute? :)

    You are just Mrs. Busy busy bee lately organizing things left and right! We love it - but I hope you are not overwhelming yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great - looking forward to it! Thanks!'

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man. I so want to do this but I have too many commitments at the moment and I'd hate to fall short and disappoint. Next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to join you, but I´m in holiday soon, so this will be without me :(. But I will join by watching, what you girls do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just catching up and I'm so excited about this swap. I've been grooving on solids more and more and can't wait to do more and see all the awesome things other folks make too. I also love all the details and explicit instructions about dates, what to include, what to use, etc. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha I'm totally behind on the QAL *and* swore I wouldn't do another Flickr swap for a while. But the siren song of the solids was too hard to resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't resist and just joined the flickr group and signed up :) Thanks so much for organizing this swap! I'm totally enamored with solids right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat