Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WiP Wednesday #35

Last week really threw me off, day-wise, and I'm still trying to stay on top of what day it is, so Wednesday definitely snuck up on me this week...but I'm really happy with how much I got done last week.  I got so much done, in fact, that I'm convinced I must have forgotten to share some progress on something last week!!

Finished:
Lee's block for String Me Along
Megan's block for {Sew} Beautiful
do.Good.Stitches blocks

Still going:
Kaleidoscope QAL - I've finished up my quilt top, only to find that none of my photos turned out well at all, so I've got some diagrams to help you guys through this last step.  I'm also starting to think about some quilt back options, which I'll share in next week's quilt-along post.  We're in the final stretch here, folks!!

A finished Kaleidoscope QAL quilt top!

Warm/Cool QAL - I finished up the quilt top this weekend...but then I decided that I'm not entirely finished.   I want this quilt to be bigger.  Inspired by Lindsay's recent conversion of her Bottled Rainbows quilt to a bed-size, I'm seriously considering adding some big time borders to this quilt to make it bigger.  Or adding additional HSTs - maybe some more rows, and some more columns to increase the size.  But, in the meantime, I am adoring how the top is looking.

Warm/Cool finished quilt top!

Farmer's Wife QAL - I'm sixteen blocks in at this point and thoroughly enjoying myself.  These blocks are the perfect little pick-me-up when I need a quick finish, and I look forward to working on them every week.  So far, this little long-term project is really agreeing with me!

FWQAL Blocks 1-16

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee - Now that all of our hives are sorted out, I'm working on coming up with a fun block to make for the girls in my beehive.  A part of me is seriously considering doing some x and + blocks for my beehive, I really enjoyed doing those, so we'll see.


Special Delivery - I'm working with my diamond die to make a fun, offset, argyle-inspired pillow with some AMH Good Folks scraps I had lying about.  I'm hoping to wrap this one up and share a simple tute with you guys on Friday :)

Go! Project in the works - offset diamonds

Birdie Stitches - Would you believe that I accidentally used my disappearing ink marker for tracing the pattern on this one?  I did, and naturally, a week has gone by, and the ink is 110% gone.  Argh.  I'll have to start over on this one.

Seriously?  I have UFO's?
Single Girl quilt
Super secret project - The ambitious side of me is making more out of this one than I initially intended, but I hope to have something to share soon, if nothing but some seriously tease-y photos :)
String Me Along bee quilt - Waiting on one more block and one more package of fabric to make it to me, and then I've got some plans for this one!

New:
For the Love of Solids - Sign-ups open TODAY for our first round!  Hop on over!

WiP Wednesday #35 Recap:
Last week's total: 10
Finished: 3
New: 1
This week's total: 8

What are you waiting for?  Hop on over to Lee's to link up your progress this week and find some other awesome inspiration!

33 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with the warm/cool quilt top! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your warm/cool quilt is stunning!!!
    Great decision to go bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, busy girl! Your kaleidoscope is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Elisabeth! I love both of your quilts - they will be adorable! I would love to make similars! Thanks again for inspiration and energy you send to us!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kaleidescope quilt! Hoping to get my blocks finished this week too! Any ideas on how you will quilt yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your work, beautiful. Good luck with what I call 'growing your quilt', I do it all the time!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing all those DS fabrics in your beautiful kaleidoscope quilt is making me think I might do the same with my stash (and did you see the sneak peak she released on fb yesterday of the next Joann's set that's coming out in August? Maybe even prettier! whee!) And I am SO in love with that warm/cool quilt - wondering how it would look done in all solids with some Kona charm packs...thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is a lot of on-going projects. I would be at a loss of what to work on if I had that many going on. This is where I blame the 5 and 3 year olds for distracting me way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been super busy. Makes me feel like I need to find some extra hours in the day. If only that were possible. All of your projects look great. I'm a big fan of your warm/cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Kaleidoscope looks great! So excited to put my blocks together! And I love your warm/cool! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both your quilts look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh your warm cool quilt is stunning! I love how you arranged the HSTs in small diamond shapes, the colors really pop! Those diamonds are looking super fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fall in love with your kaleidoscope quilt top,awesome.

    Your warm cool quilt remind me the rainbow,it stunning.It beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Kaleidoscope! It's beautiful! Can't wait to see the results of your AMH pillow! It's amazing what you can do with scraps, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your warm/cool quilt is so awesome! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of this!! How do you find the time? Wish I could be as productive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes. You absolutely NEED to make the warm/cool quilt bigger for your bed. It is just too awesome not to! Kaleidoscope looks AWESOME! I can't wait to put mine together!! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally love your warm/cool quilt. It will be gorgeous on a bed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love your warm-cool quilt! And yay, for so many finishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Kaleidoscope looks great! Argh...I'm so behind on that! I had really hoped to keep up on this one. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it would be fun to add a solid color border to the cool/warm quilt and then a border of larger HSTs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooo i'm liking the offset argyle! can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That warm/cool quilt along quilt is gorgeous! I don't blame you for wanting to add more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your warm/cool quilt - so bright, colourful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks so great, Elizabeth! I'm especially loving your Kaleidascope quilt and your Warm/cool quilts. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. liking the colors in the kaleidoscope and the warm/cool quilt. both of them are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your quilt along quilts look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's been fun to see a lot of kaleidoscope quilts in the WIP photos from today--all due to your tutorial. I love seeing all the variations of this wonderful block.

    Your warm/cool is as lovely as YOUR kaleidoscope block!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your two quilt tops - they both look awesome! That is fun that you are going to make the warm/cool bigger, it seems like it will really be a favorite so its worth it to go big! I am finally working on my Kaleidoscope and hoping to get somewhat caught up this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A most impressive WIP Wed report! Lots of eye candy. I'm all about the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooh, can't wait for your diamond pillow tute! That looks fab. As do all your other WIPs, of course! I'm jealous of your completed kaleidoscope top! I think I'm coming around to the yellow though. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat