Friday, August 9, 2013

Easy peasy new quilt pattern and a new look!

Good morning, and happy Friday to you! If you're reading this morning over in Bloglovin' or Feedly or something like that, please take a moment and pop on over to the real blog - I've just finished going through a major blog makeover, thanks to the help of super blog designer Noor Alquanti. I highly recommend her if you're looking to spruce up your blog. I'm really happy with everything she put together, and I think the blog practically sparkles now, with all the beautiful white space, not to mention the great new logo. I'd love to hear what you think of the new look!

new logo for the blog! come check it out!

I've also got an easy peasy new free quilt pattern to share with you today, using some old stash favorites as well as some great prints from Modern Yardage. I fell in love with a fun deconstructed chevron that Heather Dutton designed for them, and found a few other prints of hers that I enjoyed, then pulled some stash basics to round out my selection. Then I pondered what to make. And pondered some more. And then I moved, and well, everything went to pot, so to speak!

The fabrics

I wanted to make something easy, but something that would be enjoyable to sew, and most importantly, pretty. And I'd been doodling an easier, less triangle focused, way to make a zig-zag look in a quilt, so I thought why not? So, I did. And here we are...

Easy Peasy Faux Zig Zag Free Quilt Pattern

Introducing....the Easy Peasy Faux Zig Zag quilt pattern! A free pattern download, available right here on Craftsy. The pattern includes four quilt sizes: mini (like mine), baby, throw, and queen size, with all of the information you've come to expect from my patterns. And this is seriously an easy quilt to put together - you can easily put one of these together in a day or even a weekend, if you're working on the queen size.

Easy Peasy Faux Zig Zag in Waterfront Park
queen size Easy Peasy Zig Zag in Waterfront Park

Stay tuned next week for my next pattern release, Sew Positive! I'm really excited to show you what my pattern testers have sewn up and to finally put this pattern up for sale. Have a wonderful weekend :)

31 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free pattern, so generous of you! When I first looked at the design I saw "modern bow tie blocks" Very cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pattern -- thanks! Your updated blog looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design of the blog! The white space is very nice and the new logo is so fresh! The pattern is adorable too! Hope your new house is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new look! and thank you for this great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt pattern is so smart and graphic. thanks for including different color variations - great new look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the new pattern! I think it looks like gift ribbon (all spiraled up). Pretty snazzy how you made a versions that matches your new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth! Your new look is beautiful! Very 'clean' and lightful but also happy with the sunny colours you have chosen. It's nice to have a change now and then and I'm waiting to have time to make a new header.
    Your new quilt pattern is also fantastic! It's amazing what triangles and squares can make. I would love to make this pattern.
    Sunny wishes! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the new look! And the pattern is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog looks perfect! I love white space. Super cute pattern too- love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth, Your blog looks clean and simple, yet fun. I think she did a beautiful job! I hope she wouldn't be too scared to take mine on. It needs...everything. I am glad that you didn't burn down your house and fabric stash with that cord...lol. I have 2 FWs. One is a Centennial Edition and the other is in bad need of a paint job (baby blue?) I will be bloglovin you, in the event that you are running short on blog stalkers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth, not sure I like the plain look for you, I think your publications might be shown up front like in the Banner.. Highlight the banner .. I love your work, I just wish I could work as fast as you, but I am enjoying the BOM's. Looked at your Flicker today too, it popped up;, Whats your opinion on the new Flicker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. neat quilt pattern; thanks! And I like the new blog-do, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I downloaded the pattern - but I missed the quantity needed of the fabrics. Can you tell me where I need to look? Loved the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new blog looks great! The chevron quilt is awesome! I'm loving the red, white and blue in this quilt design. Thank you for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the free pattern. Looks easy! The new look to your blog is very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new look and love the free pattern what a great quilt! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for showing this. I'm going to download it right away. Love easy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is perfect for my next tween quilt!! Not baby-ish, yet not too 'old'.
    thanks so much for sharing your creative juices with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The new design turned out beautifully Elizabeth! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing this one...scraps will be HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your generous gift. I already downloaded the pattern at Craftsy. It looks like a fun block to make. Hopefully, I can try it later today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute design! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely pattern. I can see it in Amish colors, red/white/blue and pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The logo and some other things (like newer / older post) look nice.
    The faux zig zag pattern looks interesting, too, and I was tempted to make a mini (as my daughter requested a blanket or mini quilt for the doll stroller), but I don't have a craftsy account, so I cannot download the pattern. That's a pity. I like the pattern in waterfront park a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat